So I have come back a week later to explain more details about my Amy fan game. The game is intended to be the black sheep of the Sonic series. As Sonic was meant to a be a kids series, while this game is meant for teenagers and adults.
The gameplay is very different from any Sonic game. Instead of running around, collecting rings and spin dashing robots? You are playing the game in a Ninja Gaiden and Devil May Cry style. The gameplay mechanics revolve around wracking enemies with your Piko Piko Hammer and avoiding obstacles like as bottomless pits. Unlike any other Sonic game, you don't have rings. Instead you have a health bar and a super meter. When the super meter is full, you can temporarily turn into Super Amy. In this form, your attacks are 3x more powerful and your health slowly heals.
There is a stage selection in this game similar to Megaman, Diddy Kong Racing and Crash Bandicoot 2 and Warped. You are given a set of 5 portals. You can freely chose which order you want to play them. When you complete all of them. You are given a major boss battle. When you defeat the boss, you are given another set of 5 portals (don't worry you can go back to previous stages if you want to get a higher rank or get experience to upgrade to new moves and abilities.) Each of the stages have a different storyline to them. However, some of them are side stories to the main plot. Each of the stages have different objectives and obstacles (similar to those obstacles you see in Crash Bandicoot.) It's not all about getting from point A to point B. In certain stages, there are "ally" characters that assist you in the stage. These allies include Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, Brandon (my Original Character not Sonic related) and Peter Rifle (another Original character not Sonic related.)
Ranking System and Experience
Depending on the number of hits in combos and how many enemies you killed? Your experience goes up and your rank on the stage gets higher. With more experience, you unlock more moves, extensions to your health bar and super meter, extended time on your Super Form, etc.
Characters in the Game
The following characters are official Sonic characters and Original characters not Sonic related that have appeared in Equilibrium already.
- Amy Rose (Only playable character)
- Sonic the Hedgehog (Ally character and boyfriend/partner of Amy)
- Brandon (Original Character created by YoshiWii1 not Sonic related, Ally character and the unofficial boyfriend of Amy)
- Tails (Ally character)
- Knuckles (Ally character)
- Dr. Eggman (Villain)
- Metal Sonic (Villain)
- Tails Doll (Villain)
- Damnel Tiger (Original Villain created by YoshiWii1, not Sonic related)
- Peter Rifle (Original Character created by YoshiWii1 not Sonic related)
- Mobster Fontana (Original Character created by YoshiWii1 not Sonic related)
- General McGregor (Original Villain created by YoshiWii1, not Sonic related)
The following Villains are designed specifically for this game. They are entirely original and not Sonic related.
- Mecha-Rillagator (Originally appeared in Equilibrium as Rillagator)
- Condemnation, A Barbaric group consisting of the following members:
Oxvard (Captain) Jacques (Second in Command) Hermit (the Coward) Pepe (the smallest and youngest) Torvald (the stubbiest) Cain (the tallest and the ugliest) Brutus (the strongest and the one wearing the helmet that never reveals his face) Axel (the angriest and has a broken axe)
- A Kabuki Master
- A Possessed Golem
- More are on the way
- Soliders under General McGregor's command
- Gang members from the Pot Stoners (First appeared in Equilibrium)
- Various Badniks
- Toy Soliders from Daniel Tigers Neighborhood
- Monsters of various kinds
- Mountain Lions
- A Giant Polar Bear (There was another one that appeared in Equilibrium)