This talk page has Archives:
Hey, Kagi! I don't know if you know me from around here (I think we've had very few and very brief occasions where we communicated on the SNN), but I just wanted to ask...What's up? :)
Glad to know everything's going fine for you! As a change of subject, I couldn't help but notice that almost all your friends on your userpage are semi-active or inactive. Do you want to get to know some of the current users, such as myself? I, and I'm sure a few others, would be happy to know you! ;)
Yeah, almost everyone is nervous at some point when meeting new people! What to say, how to act, what to wear, how to look, etc. But then we overcome our fears, be ourselves, and then make the start of a great relationship. I can assure you that most of our currently active users here are very friendly and will try to make the best first impressions; with some of them coming on the chat everyday. If you want, you could come on at some point. We'll be happy to have you!
Ah. I hear ya. Kinda used to how things originally worked rather than a more recent fuction, right? Well, if you ever want to talk, you know where to find us. :P
I find them handy if you want to quickly communicate with an online user. But that's just my opinion.
Main Page Changes
Just wanted to inform you that per a few recent site discussions we are adding a 'News Wall' and 'Did you Know' section of sorts to the Main Page. We are also expanding the Featured User poll to 10 users with the last three Featured Users sitting out. You can remove the last three Featured Users from the poll easily by looking at the Featured Users page, and you can see the top editors by looking at Sonic News Network:Editcount and Special:Top/community. These changes will be put into effect next month. When putting users on the poll, please make sure that they have made an edit in the past fourteen days or so. This way, only users who are pretty active get on the poll. Per Forum:New Featured User Interviewer, you should have a few people who have volunteered to help out with the interview. Even though you don't do it very often, I would suggest hopping on the chat each time you are about to update the Featured User interview. Invite the winner on chat, and conduct the interview on there via PM. Thanks. -- 18:19, July 16, 2013 (UTC)
Hey! What happened?! Why did those admins blocked me again of that sockpuppertry?! I've learned my lesson! I can't be blocked for another year again! It's too long! Tell them to unblock me again! Cameron is here 19:34, July 17, 2013 (UTC)
IT'S JUST PICTURES FROM FURRY DOLL MAKER AND ANIME MAKER!!!!!!!! AND I HAVEN'T HAVE A BACKUP ACCOUNT FOR LIKE A YEAR!!!!!!!! JUST BEEN LOGGED OUT!!!!!!! Cameron is here 19:42, July 17, 2013 (UTC)
What are you talking about? It was decided on the forums, and you discussed it yourself. The changes were to be made this upcoming interview. The idea of 10 users was discussed in chat, yes, but I moved the idea to the forum so you could give your input. Nothing was decided on the chat. --05:37, July 23, 2013 (UTC)
- It's clearly in Forum:Featured User and Did you know?. Most of the support for the idea was on the chat, when I was discussing it with people such as BlueSpeeder and some others. It's clearly there. If you want me to get 10 more people off of the chat to say "I support", then I can. But that would be silly. -- 15:53, July 23, 2013 (UTC)
- Actually, I'll do that. -- 15:58, July 23, 2013 (UTC)
== Re:Featured User
Well, anywhere would be fine. I am not so much into this system, so if you can provide me with a link to where you find it preferable it would be okay. It would also be okayif it were on my own talk page.Ultrasonic9000 (talk) 10:00, July 31, 2013 (UTC)
Instead of asking users where to host the interview, you should just give them a location yourself. You're free to use Kunckles Wiki. It's the non-official dumping ground for SNN chat emoticons and other images and messages. I would just leave him a message there and here notifying him of the situation. -- 01:29, August 2, 2013 (UTC)
RE:Featured User Interview
First off, how do you feel about being Featured User?
Honesty, I am not sure of how to feel, as I am have never been given such a title nor do I know much about it. However, if I should feel anything, I feel really honored that people have chosen me as an outstanding user despite the hard times I have given others, and knowning that my work here has been so well accepted makes me really happy. I would therefore like to thank all those people who have voted for me and people that have supported me so far, and I promise that I will continue to do my best and make SNN better than it was before.
# 1. Q) When did you first join the wiki?
I first joined Sonic News Network in 2011, on July 29. At first, I was a little reluctant, because I feared that joining a wikipedia community would mean I would be overloaded with spam and viruses (I have some bad experience with that).
# 2. Q) Who are some of your closest friends on SNN?
In truth, I do not have many friends here on SNN. Since I started on Sonic News Network, my only real interest has been writing articles, and participating in social events have never been my biggest interest or my stronger side. In fact, I have trouble with the social side of my life, as I often misinterpret what people are saying or expressing, so you can guess it is a big problem on the web.
If I were to mention any friends I do have, however, I would say I have at least two friends. First there is BlueSpeeder. To say that our relationship came off to a rocky start is an understatement. Our ideals were, and probably still is, very different, and we often clashed with each other over even the simplest of things. However, I always admired (and a bit jealous of) his energy, ideas and integrity. After having had a heartfelt talk with each other, however, we are now on good terms and have friendly conversations.
An other friend I would say I have is Mystic Orb. Like BlueSpeeder, we did not really start out as friends. but after having helped each other with different edits and finding info, we have come to develope a pretty good relationship, and ask each other for help from time to time.
# 3. Q) Favorite color?
Blue (and no, it is not because of Sonic). It was initially red, but over time, I found it too hotheaded of a color, and I settled on blue, as I found it very calm and smoothing.
# 4. Q) How has Sonic affected your daily life?
While it is not a large impact, Sonic has given me new energy in my everyday life. Sonic's free lifestyle, orientation and indomitable will, has inspired me to meet life as it is and still make something good of it. When I am in the face of troublesome issues in my life, Sonic has inspired me to keep on going no matter what, even when seem out resources, and push through it until I make it, and usually, I come out on the top. His message of living life according to your own rules have also inspired me to take control of my own life and live it according to what I feel is right, and not how others say it should be like.
# 5. Q) Is Sonic News Network the first wiki you joined, or did you start off somewhere else?
Sonic News Network is indeed the first wikipedia I joined and still remains the primary wiki I work on. I have been working other wikipedias from time to time, but my expertise lies at Sonic. Before I joined SNN, I was just a unregistered user that made edits every now and then. I thought of myself as the foremost anonymous help to SNN when it was most needed. Eventually though, I wanted to do more, as I found information that was completely out of the wack, and to correct them, I had to become a user on SNN. And that is how the legend of Ultrasonic9000 began!
# 6. Q) What first got you into the Sonic franchise?
That is a tough question, as my past with Sonic goes back to the early childhood. However, I would guess that my interest with Sonic began when I was just a few years old. When I was a little kid, I would watch Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog on TV. I did not understand the show very much, but I did take a peculiar interest in Sonic back then. However, I soon moved to an appartment with limited TV reception and so I slowly forgot Sonic.
About ten years later, Sonic X came out and I had a serious case of nostalgia, and my interest in Sonic himself was blooming. I began searching for Sonic on the internet for new information on the blue hedgehog and I first stumbled upon the game of that time, Sonic Heroes. I was immediately drawn in by the colorful characters, and after some time I learned Sonic had a whole game series, and I immediately became a fan of the concepts, the gameplay, and most of all, Sonic the Hedgehog himself. No sooner, I began looking for more on the game series, and before I knew it, was a Sonic fan.
# 7. Q) Do you have any fan-characters?
I do not have any indivdual fan-characters, but I do have some self-designed transformations of Sonic that I have been working on in an attempt to find Sonic at his ultimate. The first fan-form I designed was my own Ultra Sonic (the one at the top) that is supposed to be a level higher than Hyper Sonic. I also recently designed an yet unnamed form that is supposed to supass everything seen in the Sonic universe all together, but that is still in development.
# 8. Q) What's your favorite non-Sonic game?
I would say it is The Simpsons Hit & Run. I love the mission gamestyle, the inside jokes and the way you can explore Springfield boh on foot and in car, and even blow up stuff. However, I think it also shares the first place with One Piece: Unlimited Cruise, as I like the adventure gameplay, the RPG elements and the boss battles in the gameplay.
# 9. Q) Are there any games you like that have gotten mostly bad reviews?
Sonic Unleashed, without a doubt. It is my believe that this game is very underrated, as I think it is the best Sonic game in the Modern Era. Sure, people complained about the Werehog, but I find it weird since other games incorporate the Werehog gameplay completely, and still get good reviews, but that is my opinion. Nevertheless, Sonic Unleashed (PS3/Xbox 360 at least) has to me all the elements I love in a game: high speed gameplay, explorable hub worlds, a RPG-like growth system, combat. Most of all, I like the story; it might not have been so edgy as its predecessors, but it contained a fine balance between funny and dark stories, and I am also a sucker for battles against the essense of Darkness. Besides, the battle against Perfect Dark Gaia was SO epic!
# 10. Q) What old Sonic game would you most like to see get updated and re-released?
I would say Sonic the Hedgehog (2006). Yeah, it sounds dumb, but I believe that this game had a lot of potential. It just was not ready to be published yet. If people had taken a little more time to work out the bugs, I believe that Sonic 06 could have been a huge success. I like most of all the story, but I was also taken in by the traditional Sonic Adventure gameplay style. I therefore like to see Sonic 06 being re-released with all the bugs fixed and the elements that seemed inconsistent corrected. Overall, I believe that this game deserves a second chance.
It's to remain open for a few more days. If you feel that the time you had with the demotion was inadequate, I'll leave it open for a little longer. Another bureaucrat might close it anyways, though. --14:30, August 2, 2013 (UTC)
As you can see in the archive, I clearly said that I would leave the nomination open until the ninth. I'm sorry, but there's not much else I can do. I already postponed the demotion for a few extra days. You had the opportunity to individually contact any of the users who voted in your nomination via talk pages and chat, but you neglected to do so. As stated in the advice, if you want participation in your nomination, you can ask individual users and administrators to comment or reconsider their votes.
As for the Featured User section on the main page, I suggest you have a chat with SpyroSonic2000. Per Forum:New Featured User Interviewer, Spyro is now involved with the interviewing process. -- 05:18, August 9, 2013 (UTC)
- You had a sufficient amount of time to defend yourself. As sinister as it may sound, no one was technically obliged to notify you of your demotion immediately after it was posted. Genesjs notified you of your pending demotion only a few days after the discussion was started. Because you conveyed exasperation regarding the time you were notified of the demotion's existence, I decided to give you a few extra days to work with. Like I said, you had the opportunity to discuss your demotion with individual users. You cannot expect them to be aware of every comment you make on the Requests for User Rights page. If you believed that they were neglecting to comment on your demotion, you could have took it upon yourself to contact them via talk page or chat. You need to realize that you had the chance to defend yourself. You cannot blame other users for declining to respond to your comments. I can guarantee you that the vast majority of the users who voted have thoroughly read what you had to say. Like myself, they remained unconvinced. The reason why I took active participation in the discussion was because you approached me. Perhaps if you used the same method on other users, they would have also been inclined to respond to your comments.
- I would also like to point out that I did not at anytime say that "several" of the points I made in the discussion section of your nomination were based off of misinformation and/or misinterpretation. While I do admit that I slightly misinterpreted your true motives for banning Guyviroth, the other concerns I raised remain valid. You never even bothered to respond to the majority of said concerns.
- As for the Featured User interviews, Forum:New Featured User Interviewer was created before your demotion was. The verdict of the aforementioned forum was decided upon before your nomination closed. I never said SpyroSonic2000 was "taking over your job". SpyroSonic was "appointed as your assistant" (which means he can "assist" you with this). All you have to do is contact him. It's not rocket science. There is no need to feel resentment or cause strife. -- 06:13, August 9, 2013 (UTC)
- So you're telling me that every single user who chose to vote in your nomination is subsequently forced to take part in the discussion section? It doesn't work like that, Kagi. You also cannot render votes completely invalid. Every user is entitled to their opinion. Regarding the "people voting because your lack of activity", I refer you to what I wrote in the discussion section. I specifically said that your lack of activity only contributed to the numerous reasons of why I supported your demotion. I'm sure it's this way for other users as well.
- I've already told you this once: you had a fair chance. What you just experienced was the exact demotion process that every demoted user in the past two years has gone through. Throughout this time, I cannot recall one time where the user put up for demotion was informed of their pending demotion. You were already given extra time. Every other user who has been demoted in the past was accepting and understanding. You can even take a ponder at past demotions if you still feel like you've been treated unfairly. You were given the same treatment every other user has been given. I've had enough of this balderdash. Self-erupting on my talk page certainly isn't going to accomplish anything, much less earn you your administrative tools back. -- 06:38, August 9, 2013 (UTC)
- If the users in question wanted to change their votes, they would have. You cannot simply assume that the aforementioned users who opted to vote neglected to ever take even a peek at your arguments. If you like I can individually approach every user who voted and interrogate them as to whether or not they bothered to read your arguments. In regards to your demotion being carried out different, I thank you for correcting me. Your demotion was indeed carried out differently, as you got three extra days to defend yourself. While I do regret that you feel "insulted", I speak with confidence when I say that your demotion was handled with both diligence and equity. With that said, perhaps you should take a moment to reexamine your latest message to me. Whose fault is it that the users who chose to vote in your nomination (with the majority of them being experienced users administrator) are the "complete strangers" you refer to them as? -- 07:13, August 9, 2013 (UTC)
- Because I'm finicky, the correct abbreviation is "FU" (Featured User). As for you appearing on the poll twice, that was my fault. Kagi included Genesjs and Myself 123 (their presence on the poll was a mistake) when updating the poll last time, so I attempted to fix his oversight. Unfortunately, it seems I didn't do a good job. Hopefully it won't alter the outcome too much. --
22:09, August 15, 2013 (UTC)
- You did make an oversight, but that doesn't mean I'm not allowed to correct it. -- 11:23, August 16, 2013 (UTC)
I have to get into the habit of leaving messages on other people's pages. At least then maybe then I wouldn't have to archive my own TP all the time. --Shelly the Hedgehog Hedgehog of . 21:44, August 23, 2013 (UTC)
You've told me this before. --14:03, August 31, 2013 (UTC)
General Sonic News Network Survey
Hey Kags. I'd just like to kindly request that you take the time to quickly fill out a recent survey I created. The survey is completely anonymous and will help assess the community's opinion in a much more orderly and straightforward fashion. Thanks in advance. -- 22:38, September 4, 2013 (UTC)
- This is already being done. -- 19:27, September 30, 2013 (UTC)
Is it safe to say that Blaze can be considered as a love interest to Sonic and vica-versa in the games? Considering their interactions with each other in Sonic Rush, Sonic Rush Adventure and Sonic & The Black Knight.
Oh well, I guess slightly hinted is better than nothing. If you ask me, Blaze can relate to Sonic better than any other character on the games.
Alright.22:47, November 29, 2013 (UTC)
I got a question for December
"What would you get Sonic and/or his friends for Christmas?"
I didn't know you were in charge of it, as told so here so I came to ask you about it. Unless you already have the question prepared at hand.-- 21:24, November 30, 2013 (UTC)
You may post your questions here - http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/User_talk:Slug-Drones
As for the timings, the changes of being logged on at the same time are slim as I live in the Asian continent. You can post all your questions there, I'll answer them soon.--SlugDrones • (Contact) 10:28, December 1, 2013 (UTC)
Yeah, that's exactly what Dota 2 needs. Having to hold down the space bar to make the camera follow me is annoying, especially when I need a bathroom break. XD -- Shadowunleashed13 (talk) 13:41, December 3, 2013 (UTC)
Hey, no sweat. S'cool. Could we try doing it on the Blue Bomber Graphic Wiki? -- - 14:26, February 1, 2014 (UTC)
Hey you need to remove bullet on the FU list. He has left and can not be communicated with.11:29, February 3, 2014 (UTC)
I never saw that before. Frankly, I am hardly active here any more. My activity has been steadily decreasing for the past year, and now all I do is once a week maybe have a look at my watchlist and fix the egregious errors. I was aware that Bullet had left, but not why or when or quite how dreadful his experience seems to have been. That's very sad, but since the two of us are effectively outsiders to whatever new order is running things, and since Bullet seems to have well and truly disappeared (judging by his message), then I'm not sure what we can do about it. -- Supermorff (talk) 13:57, February 3, 2014 (UTC)
Yo, I didn't know your birthday was June 20! ^_^ -- - 14:59, February 3, 2014 (UTC)
To make the long story short, bullet emotions got the best of him and left quite loudly.20:59, February 3, 2014 (UTC)
Regarding Your Message to Supermorff
To let you know
Mystic Orb came on the chat and asked me to do the Featured User interview so I'm going to be doing that tomorrow.03:46, February 27, 2014 (UTC)
Re: Featured User
The Matrix Wiki should do fine. 12:48, May 31, 2014 (UTC)
I didn't talk to Spyro about it. If you want to interview me, you can send the questions in my sandbox wiki - http://slugbox.wikia.com/wiki/Slugbox_Wiki.--SlugDrones • (Contact) 11:09, July 5, 2014 (UTC)
- Just for the heads up, Drones has deactivated her account, across the entire wikia, so, it's likely she might not respond to the interview anytime soon. -- 06:14, July 7, 2014 (UTC)
Hey, you need to have an interview with Drones. If you don't respond in about a week, I'll ask Spyro to handle it, considering you could be busy with real life predicaments. -- 20:47, July 9, 2014 (UTC)
May I cut in for a brief moment?
Drones has apparently abandoned Wikia for reasons beyond my explanation. All I can say is, I doubt you'd get an answer from her via wikia. If this is the case, then there might be a need for a new poll to determine the next Featured User. Serious Sam Heavy 02:41, July 10, 2014 (UTC)
Well, despite this nailing a contradiction in my previous statement, the most I know of why she left is because of this user, who endlessly harassed her both here and on other wikis. If you want more information, you could probably press Krazy for more details. Serious Sam Heavy 03:26, July 10, 2014 (UTC)
- It's fine, just so long as the interview is here sometime this month. Thank you for notifying me. - - 05:01, July 10, 2014 (UTC)
- So, cool down, man, I'll let you know on the chat sometime, just give me a time. --Krazy Company (talk) 11:58, July 10, 2014 (UTC)
I'd love to explain, but it's not something I want to explain publically, if you understand troll feeding , so if you can excuse one time and enter the chat, that'd be great. No worries about you behaviour, it's cool. --Krazy Company (talk) 15:24, July 11, 2014 (UTC)
Hey, Kagi, I hate to bother you again, but Drones hasn't been online for nearly a month now. In order not to halt the interview deadline even further, can you just interview the user with the second highest amount of votes from the June 2014 poll? And, as narcissistic as I'm sounded, that's me. Don't worry; the minute Drones comes back, she'll get the interview she won. -- 20:56, August 5, 2014 (UTC)
- Actually, scratch that; Krazy told me that she won't come back on the wiki after some "problems" she's been having lately. So, if you ever need to interview me, let me know. I'll be online most of today and later on the month. - - 21:01, August 5, 2014 (UTC)
- Ah okay. Well, we're all good then. Never mind my proposal. ;) - - 19:45, August 7, 2014 (UTC)
Hey, Kagi. I know school just started around the country, but Murph needs his interview done. I really hate to harp on you about this, so I apologize. -- 22:45, September 8, 2014 (UTC)
- Oh, sorry about bothering you during this time. I'll ask Spyro to help out while you're dealing with these prblems. ;) - - 20:50, September 9, 2014 (UTC)
- I'll ask Spyro to handle this month for you. I understand your current predicament. No worries. ;) - - 11:54, September 10, 2014 (UTC)
THis is perhaps related to Interview issue so I'll clip this here. It's been half a month and still not latest question of the month. Would you like me to make one for you?--15:32, September 17, 2014 (UTC)
- Other than Spyro, is there others on the Featured Users and QotM group? Couldn't Featured users make a thread on QotM? Still, I am merely aksing out of concern and will wait if things go well.--
19:57, September 18, 2014 (UTC)
- But you posts the threads don't you? I'm just wondering if Featured User makes the thread.--
13:37, September 20, 2014 (UTC)
- Hm, OK, I don't see why they can't but I won't pick on it.-- 17:35, September 21, 2014 (UTC)
- But you posts the threads don't you? I'm just wondering if Featured User makes the thread.--