Yo, there! Edit
If it isn't Thot Prad himself. Nice to see another user of the Archie Encyclopaedia here. So, welcome, and I'm sure you already know how editing goes, lol. SLJCOAAATR the SNN Admin Careful, it's a Faradox 00:41, 7 March 2009 (UTC)
- I was just fixing up a few things I noticed wrong with regards to first appearances. :P I wish there'd be some kind of template acknowledging that some articles are essentially copied and pasted from Mobius Encyclopaedia. - Dimitri the Echidna 00:43, 7 March 2009 (UTC)
Comic Infobox Edit
...well, first off, and no offense, and I know I don't own the templates, but I find that you just took the comic infobox template and the bottom comic template out of nowhere. It's just that I find someone copying someone else's work is stealing, unless credit is given... maybe I'm being overprotective about it... :|
If you gave credit, then forget the above statement. I guess I being over-dramatic about this. and I guess no one can own something on a wiki... I bet you found the template because of the featured article. Yeah...if you copy the article's summaries and stuff, please give credit. :) The problem with the template (and I have no idea why) is that you have to put enough headings for the content box to appear. It works then. BTW, how do you make a template stay put on the side? You know, like how most pages have an opening paragraph next to the template. Why does the comic one just move down below the paragraph? ?:/ ...I hope I didn't sound so...overpowering, er whatever. Just that I am proud of my work, and don't want anything to happen to it. ***Super!~Nickno 22:23, 9 March 2009 (UTC)
- When I added the template I stated it was brought over from the Sonic News Network. Templates from various wikis are exchanged all the time, it's basically free reign so to speak. But I know what you mean, you want credit given where it's due. It's the same with how many Archie-Sonic related articles on here are copy-and-pasted from my site but there's no template stating this or credit given. In any case, I'd like to figure out why the text is aligning to the right with the infobox and fix it, rather than relying on having the content box to fix it. There has to be something in the coding of the infobox that makes text align above it, since the other templates on my site don't do that. I have a lot of other templates on my site, all of them stay on the right hand side. Feel free to check them out and look at the coding, it might help you to figure out why some stay aligned right and others don't. - Dimitri the Echidna 22:32, 9 March 2009 (UTC)
- Cool it, Nick. Well, let's take a look here. Give me a few minutes, to toy with it.... SLJCOAAATR 4 6 8 15 16 23 42 108 305 316 00:50, 10 March 2009 (UTC)
- I appreciate your help in trying to figure out the infobox issue SLJCOAAATR1. It's as though it is formatting all of the text in the article to try and fit within the infobox itself, even though it is obviously outside of it. Worst case scenario I'll have to make a new template from scratch or get a model from another one, but I'd prefer to get this fixed. - Dimitri the Echidna 00:53, 10 March 2009 (UTC)
- Ah, crap. I did acually look at this, like, 12 hours ago, and then completly forgot to tell anyone about it. AHEM. Your problem, Dmitri, lies in the bit where the fields say something like "Comics script/row". THAT'S what it dosn't like, but I'm damned if I know how to hammer it into something it does like. You might have noticed all my fiddling around with a "Template:Practice" I made precisely for the purpose.
- As you've said, it is a subtle and strange problem, given that the Comics infobox template is indeed basicly a clone of SNN's "Characters" one. For a while I thought it might be a question of the Special:Version variety, but apparently not... You MIGHT be able to get somewhere by cut/pasting the Characters script again and keep the line start as Character/row, but I don't have high hopes. All in all, it has confounded me too. The best I can really advise is to simply adapt a different template that you KNOW justifies correctly, 'cos no amount of hammering from me seems to be able to get this one to work... :( The Doctor... IS IN Molten Scandium 01:16, 10 March 2009 (UTC)
- Oh, and another thing - with regard to the citing that things have been unceremoniously duplicated from the Archie Wiki; making a ittle banner template to that effect is on my 'To Do' list. Well, actually my 'To Do' list says make one for Sonic Retro, but I can clone it for the Mobius Encyclopedia too.
- Although I reiterate what I've said to FFF; all this would be unnecessary if we merged the Wikis... The Doctor... IS IN Molten Scandium 01:19, 10 March 2009 (UTC)
- Eh, I prefer to keep them seperate, they each cover different aspects and with the Archie Sonic wiki it can go into more detail. Plus I think some of the layouts and Manual of Style are preferable on Mobius Encyclopaedia, but that's just my opinion, and one of the reasons I'd like to keep the sites different. Now then, it seems like all of our efforts to fix the infobox coding to stop aligning the main text to the right have failed. So I'm wondering if there's someone who can just make a brand new template basically similar to the one on here, but perhaps with headings to divide up the info such as "Production Staff" and "Comic Info" or something like this. Anyone here good at making templates from scratch? - Dimitri the Echidna 03:42, 10 March 2009 (UTC)
Hey Thot Prad. Thanks for going through some of our Archie articles and adding Template:EnME to some articles where it was missing. However, on a couple of pages I don't think the EnME tag is appropriate. Crown of Acorns was not copied from ME, and neither were Knuckles the Echidna (Archie character) or Destructix (which were originally copied from Wikipedia). As EnME is only for articles copied from ME that have not been amended sufficiently to differentiate them, I have removed the tags in these cases.
Also, are you aware that we have a Template:ME link, for linking to ME articles at the bottom of pages? We have quite a few Archie pages that are lacking this template too.
Thanks again for helping out and hope to see you again soon! -- Supermorff 11:14, March 26, 2010 (UTC)