|This character exists primarily or exclusively within the Pre-Super Genesis Wave continuity.|
Information in this article may not be canonical to the storyline of the games or any other Sonic continuity.
Void is a character that appears in the Sonic the Hedgehog comic series and its spin-offs published by Archie Comics. He is a dark spirit from Maginaryworld and one half of the goddess Illumina. He is a manifestation of Illumina's doubts and her Zone's nightmares.
Void was created when Illumina had a moment of self doubt that split her into two aspects of herself. One was Void who embodied Illumina's doubts and her Zone's nightmares, and the other was Lumina Flowlight who embodied Illumina's positive properties. Flashing into existence in the midst of Maginaryworld, Void found the Master Precioustone and drained its power, causing it to shatter into many Precioustones and Maginary World to be ravaged.
Eventually, Void's plans with the Master Precioustone were thwarted by Lumina's newly recruited allies, namely Sonic, Tails, Amy and Knuckles. After the true origin of Void and Lumina was uncovered, the two merged to restore Illumina.
Powers and abilities
Void has some form of energy draining ability as he was able to drain the Master Precioustone of its power.
- Prototype story lines for the Archie's Sonic the Hedgehog comics included a mention of Void as an upcoming antagonist, undoubtedly for a Sonic Shuffle adaptation that was never published.
- Void is seen briefly in Sonic Universe #29 where he was an inmate in the Zone Jail, talking to Mephiles in the cafeteria. It is unknown if this is the actual Void or a counterpart from another zone.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 Sonic the Hedgehog: The Complete Sonic Comic Encyclopedia, "Maginary World"
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Sonic the Hedgehog #92 - "Premonition"
- ↑ http://sonichq.mobiusforum.net/newsite/comics/kbsonicoverview.php