Wacky Worlds Creativity Studio is a video game for the Sega Genesis developed by HeadGames and published by Sega released in 1994 under the Sega Club line for younger children. In it, the player has a choice of six different Wacky Worlds in which they can place animated "stickers", creating a two-dimensional diorama, of sorts. Among the Worlds are an underwater scene, a scene inside a house, a jungle, and the Moon.
This game is a Sonic the Hedgehog series property, as the titular character appears on the cover of the box. Sonic also pilots the flying saucer that is used to choose a Wacky World to play in. He also appears in a small portrait sticker for the default sticker book in the house scene. Miles "Tails" Prower and Ecco the Dolphin appear on the box of the game as well. This game was similar in concept with Nintendo's Mario Paint.
The stickers are available in certain sticker books assigned for the Wacky Worlds. Each World has its own default book, but each of the other sticker books are available for use anytime as well. The same applies for the music stickers, as music from other worlds can be chosen to be played anywhere.
Many of the stickers are people or characters that can move around in each world. Their movements are pre-programmed and do not stray very far from their original placement. When a sticker is first placed, it moves very little, if at all. When clicked on, it will perform its action until clicked again, at which time it reverts to its more dormant state.
The player can put as many stickers as he or she wants in any world (however, there is a limit on animated stickers, most likely to prevent lag and clutter), and infinite copies of the same are also allowable. Once a sticker is placed in the World, the player can also change the colors of the sticker, using a palette.
Other available stickers consist of decorations, letters, numbers, and other text.
Music stickers each have a different musical phrase in them. They are "stacked" in a player that will play them in order, looping this order indefinitely.
There are 4 usable main tools available in the game. All in an index finger form.
This is the default main tool in the game. The tool main function is to move object(s) from its original position.
This is the second main tool in the game. The tool main function is to tickle live-based objects out of its original position automatically.
The third main tool in the game. Its main function is for coloring objects. Player can change the color on the palette menu. There are twelve different colors to choose from. The player could change the foreground color on the palette by pressing on the desired color.
This is the last main tool in the game. As the name suggests, its main function is to remove objects from the playfield of the game.
This task of placing stickers is aided by the Mega Mouse packaged with the cartridge, and designed especially for the Genesis, incorporating all four buttons (, , , and Start). The game also works with a normal controller.
- Aside from Sonic and Tails, two other Sega franchises (Toejam and Earl and Ecco the Dolphin) make appearances in this game.
- This game shares part of its name with an unreleased Super Mario World sequel on the Phillips CD-i titled Mario’s Wacky Worlds.
- This is the only Sonic related Sega Mega Drive game to not be included in Sonic Mega Collection and Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection. It is also one of the only two Sonic-related Sega games to also include Toejam and Earl in it.
- This is the first time Sonic and Ecco the Dolphin appear together. They are also seen together on the cover of Sega Smash Pack for Game Boy Advance
- This is the first title that lead to a library of titles for Genesis and Game Gear aimed for young kids called the "Sega Club".