|This character exists primarily or exclusively within the Sonic Boom continuity.|
Information in this article may not be canonical to the storyline of the games or any other Sonic continuity.
The Walrus Child is a small humanoid walrus with lavender fur and blue eyes. He has a small round torso with a grey belly, long thin legs and arms, and a rather large round head. His facial features include a medium-large wide grey muzzle, short white tusks, a black snout and two wisps on hair on his head. For attire, he wears white gloves, a red one strap backpack, large baggy tan socks, and pink-soled dark red shoes.
In the Archie Comics, the Walrus Child's fur remains lavender. However, he also has peach skin, yellow eyes, yellow and purple shoes, and a yellow backpack.
Learning that Sonic sought a new sidekick, the Walrus Child came to his sidekick try-outs, but was not selected. In the period that followed, the Walrus Child would come to Meh Burger with his mother, scroll around the Village Center where he saw a confusing street act put up by Orbot and Cubot, and go see a show at T.W. Barker's Circus of Wonders.
The Walrus Child was later talking with the Walrus Male when Dr. Eggman invaded Seaside Island and rounded him and the villagers up to meet the Mega. Luckily, the Walrus Child and the villagers were saved when Knuckles made the Mega destroy itself with his current bad luck streak when he tried to join Eggman. Another time, the Walrus Child was having candy with the Child Monkey until Eggman fried their treats, and the pair took turns laughing at each other's misfortune. He also went to see a colossal ball of twine where he was saved from a rockslide by Sonic.
In the middle of the night with the villagers, the Walrus Child got attacked by Eggman's Moth Bot, but got saved by Team Sonic. He later attended the trial between Sonic and Eggman when Eggman sued Sonic. When Eggman summoned his Badniks as his fraud got exposed, the Walrus Child was taken to safety by the Old Monkey. Later, the Walrus Child saw Eggman sell tomato sauce which Sonic involuntarily proved to be untainted to him. As Eggman's popularity grew, the Walrus Child would look up to Eggman as a role model and seek out his autograph, though it was soon revealed Eggman was up to no good. Another time, the Walrus Child would hear a painful noise created by Eggman when Sonic ran through the Village.
The Walrus Child later met Swifty the Shrew, who captivated him with his hipness. The Walrus Child thus rooted for Shifty in his race against Sonic, who lost to the shrew and got banished from the Village as per the rules. No sooner though, the Walrus Child was betrayed by Swifty when Eggman revealed Swifty was his robot agent. However, Sonic came to the Walrus Child and the villagers' aid after being brought back, and got rid of Eggman's invading forces. The Walrus Child late went to the yard sale at Sticks' Burrow where he would look at the contents set up for sale. A few days after being at Meh Burger with his mother, the Walrus Child came to the premiere of Eggman's movie at Eggman's lair which ended up a failure for Eggman when the movie failed to enslave the audience with hypnotism.
The Walrus Child eventually learned that Sonic had called Mike the Ox "just a guy." Thinking Sonic was being insensitive, he joined a mob of fellow-minded villagers who reprimand Sonic until he retired. When the Walrus Child was almost trampled by a sheep stampede set loose by the Lightning Bolt Society though, he was saved by Sonic, who stopped the stampede, the Lightning Bolts and a sneak attack from Eggman at the same time, earning back the Walrus Child's respect. Another time, at Tails' Workshop, the Walrus Child got himself stuck in a tree. On New Year's Eve, the Walrus Child joined the party in the Village Center where he participated in a conga line. During this, Eggman used his Slow Motion Machine to slow down time long enough for him to beat Sonic in something before New Year, though the Walrus Child did not see Eggman's victory as it happened too fast for him to notice it.
Back in the Village Center, the Walrus Child had a laugh from watching Tails performing a dating dance, but ran away as Eggman launched a new attack, which Tails stopped. He later returned to the Village Center to briefly watch the live recording of Bro-Down Showdown. Another time, the Walrus Child came to get the autograph of Comedy Chimp, but he and the Child Monkey were not impressed with Comedy Chimp's outdated headshots. As Knuckles' later became a celebrity for his trash can trend, the Walrus Child would adore Knuckles and pick up his trend himself during Knuckles' time of fame. Joining a tour of Eggman's lair, the Walrus Child would see Sonic being labeled a thief, much to his shock. Later on, the Walrus Child participated in the Robot Battle Royale, but his robot lost to Eggman's in the first round. He continued to watch the tournament though, where he saw Eggman steal Tails' Hypno-bot at the end.
After becoming a Fuzzy Puppies enthusiast, the Walrus Child attended Puppy Con to trade game pieces, but refused to trade his Fancy Puddle when Eggman took an interest in it. As Eggman tried to steal it instead, the Walrus Child noticed him and alerted Team Sonic, who got his puddle back. The Walrus Child later saw Team Sonic beat Eggman's new Obliterator Bot and hailed them as they got the Greatest Role Model of All Time Award. He and the Child Monkey soon after saw them fight Eggman again, but D.B. Platypus restricted their options to have them appear as good role models for the Walrus Child (which he did not agree with). Fortunately, the Walrus Child was taken to Meh Burger by Sticks so Team Sonic could fight back.
Eventually, the Walrus Child came to A Rose Without Thorns, a play put on by Team Sonic. Though he applauded the play, a storm broke out after the finale, and the Walrus Child took Sonic's offer to seek shelter in Amy's House. On his next trip to the Village Center, the Walrus Child saw Knuckles and the new villain Charlie fight, with Knuckles emerging victorious. Another time, just as the Walrus Child and the Child Monkey were getting ice cream, T.W. Barker attacked with Octopus Bot, making them run to safety.
The Walrus Child and his mother were among the villagers attending Dr. Eggman's Eggtoberfest, only to find the rides not working. After Eggman fixed them, the Walrus Child joined the carnival until a disgruntled Eggman had his army attack the villagers. Fortunately, he was saved from his collapsing ride by Tails, while the remainder of Team Sonic saved the rest.
Sonic Dash 2: Sonic Boom
The Walrus Child shows youthful enthusiasm and interests, and knows at least to speak courteously, having once addressed Eggman as "mister." He is also perceptive, as he easily saw that Team Sonic was letting themselves lose in their attempt to be better role models for him. Regardless, he shows a childish sense of gloating, laughing openly at others' minor misfortunes. He can also be very critical and skeptic, like when he thought Comedy Chimp's headshot was not of Comedy Chimp himself due to how misrepresentative it was.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Harrison, Reid (10 October 2015). "Fuzzy Puppy Buddies". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 47. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Bill Freiberger on Twitter. Twitter (13 December 2015). Retrieved on 13 December 2015. “Zack Dias: What the real name of Lady Walrus' eldest child? / Bill Freiberger: His name hasn't come up yet in the series. He's simply referred to as Walrus Child internally.”
- ↑ Banker, Mark; Lieblich, Doug (8 November 2014). "The Sidekick". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 1. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Watson, Mitch (22 November 2014). "Fortress of Squalitude". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 6. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Denton, Alan; Hahn, Greg (24 January 2015). "Dude, Where's My Eggman?". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 10. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Banker, Mark; Denton, Alan; Hahn, Greg (7 February 2015). "Circus of Plunders". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 12. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Polsky, Dave (14 February 2015). "Unlucky Knuckles". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 13. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 Denton, Alan; Hahn, Greg (28 February 2015). "Aim Low". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 15. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Harrison, Reid (14 March 2015). "Don't Judge Me". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 17. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ 10.0 10.1 Denton, Alan; Hahn, Greg (21 March 2015). "Dr. Eggman's Tomato Sauce". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 18. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Barichella, Thomas (28 March 2015). "Sole Power". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 19. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Lieblich, Doug (14 July 2015). "Blue With Envy". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 28. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Trueheart, Eric (17 July 2015). "Closed Door Policy". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 31. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Freiberger, Sam (21 July 2015). "Eggman the Auteur". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 33. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Denton, Alan; Hahn, Greg (22 July 2015). "Just a Guy". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 34. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ 16.0 16.1 Grenier, Benoit (24 July 2015). "Beyond the Valley of the Cubots". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 36. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Harrison, Reid (8 August 2015). "New Year's Retribution". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 38. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Harrison, Reid (22 August 2015). "Tails' Crush". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 40. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Moarbes, Charles-Henri (29 August 2015). "Bro-Down Showdown". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 41. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ 20.0 20.1 Harrison, Reid (5 September 2015). "Late Night Wars". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 42. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Harrison, Reid (19 September 2015). "It Wasn't Me, It Was the One-Armed Hedgehog". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 44. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Van Liemt, Romain; Grenier, Benoit (26 September 2015). "Robot Battle Royale". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 45. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ 23.0 23.1 Harisson, Reid (24 October 2015). "Role Models". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 49. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Harrison, Reid (31 October 2015). "Cabin Fever". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 50. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Grenier, Benoit (7 November 2015). "Counter Productive". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 51. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Denton, Alan; Hahn, Greg (14 November 2015). "It Takes a Village to Defeat a Hedgehog". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 52. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Sonic Boom #5, "Eggtoberfest!"