Waluigi is Wario's partner and an enemy of Mario and Luigi. His name is a combination of warui, a Japanese word meaning "bad", and Luigi's name, hence, a bad Luigi. First seen in Mario Tennis, Waluigi began harassing Luigi in Mario Party 4.
Super Smash Bros. series
Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Waluigi appeared in Super Smash Bros. Brawl as an Assist Trophy. Once summoned, Waluigi will beat the opponent into the ground with his strong leg and then send them flying with a tennis racket. There is also a soundtrack of his theme song, "Waluigi Pinball".
"A twig-thin man who sees himself as Luigi's Ultimate rival. He spent a long time working in the shadow of Mario Bros. before finally becoming strong enough to compete with them in Mario Tennis. Since then he's had many brilliant game appearances. While the nature of his relationship with Wario is a mystery, the pair have hatched some devious schemes together."
As a Sticker
Waluigi also appears as two stickers. One uses his artwork from Mario Superstar Baseball, and the other one uses his artwork from Super Mario Strikers.
Luigi has an alternate costume similar to Waluigi's. This is the closest thing to Waluigi being a playable character in Super Smash Bros. Brawl.
Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS and Wii U
In Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS and Wii U, Waluigi reprises his role as an Assist Trophy and Trophy from Brawl, and functions nearly the same as he did in that game. Luigi still has an alternate costume based on Waluigi's outfit, and Mario also has one based on Waluigi's outfit.
Mario & Sonic series
Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games
He makes his first appearance in Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games, as a character on Team Mario with a perfect skill level, 10/10, giving him an advantage in skill-based events, such as Archery, Aquatics, and Table Tennis. His missions include Vault gymnastics, Skeet Shooting, etc.. His Sonic Rival is Dr. Eggman.
DS and Wii version includes missions for Waluigi.
DS includes these missions.
- Overcome a 3-second handicap to win in 400m hurdles
- Shoot only all blue targets in Shooting.
- Do a perfect performance in Vault
- Jump 3 times in a row of total of at least 48M in triple jump
- Don't get hit by your opponents for 30 seconds in Dream canoe
- Beat Eggman in dream fencing
Wii version includes these missions:
- Throw between 10–50 meters within three tries in Javelin throw
- Jump from the blue zone three times and clear the bar in pole vault
- Perform difficult moves 7 times in trampoline
- Finish in 3rd place in 4X100 freestyle
- Beat Luigi in single sculls
- Let Luigi start before you, then pass him in 400m hurdles
Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Winter Games
Waluigi appeared again in Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Winter Games. He's appeared to have befriended a newcomer, Metal Sonic and was still friends with Eggman. The three of them were seen hatching a plan in the opening of Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Winter Games. Waluigi also faces Sonic, Mario and friends in the DS Adventure Tours with Wario, but later joins them to attack them when they are off-guard. He helps take down a Flapper with Bob-Bombs and discover a secret passage.
|Icon||Name||Ability Type||Wii Stats||DS Stats||Special||Emblem|
Waluigi Special (Moguls and deluxe halfpipe DS only)
Mario & Sonic at the London 2012 Olympic GamesWaluigi returns, again as the rival of Eggman and a Skill type character.
Waluigi loves to compete against Luigi and is known to be a bit of a cheat and leads the rivals around the nose. His skill-based abilities will translate well to events like Shooting.
Mario & Sonic at the Rio 2016 Olympic Games
- "He, He, He, He" - Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Winter Games
- "Hehheh, Waluigi number one!" - Earning 1st place in Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Winter Games with Waluigi
- "Hehhehheh, Waluigi number one" - Earning 1st place in Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Winter Games in awards ceremony (it's same as earning first place from event)
- "He, Waluigi get you next time "- Earning 2nd or 3rd place Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Winter Games
- "Whaa? nooo" - Earning 4th place in Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games
- "Oh yeah" - Winning an event in Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games with Waluigi .
- "Yeah!" - Doing good in an event in Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games.
- "Waa!" - Making a mistake in an event in Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games.
- "Move it!" - Waluigi when he uses his power serve in Dream Table Tennis in Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games.
- "I'm a living legend" -When Waluigi sets a new record.
- "Hahhah, Waluigi Number one!" When Waluigi wins an event.
- "Let's go!" - Waluigi when he uses his power punch in Dream Boxing in Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games.
- "Waluigi." Waluigi says this when he is picked in Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games.
- "Bhwahaha!" This is Waluigi's laugh. It is similar to Wario's. It's also heard in a beginning of an event in the Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games series DS versions only.
- "Waluigi time!" Waluigi when starting an event in Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Winter Games with Waluigi (Wii version only)
- "Whaahuhhahwawawawawaa!" Losing with snow machine fighting in Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Winter Games.
- "About time we got moving, eh, Wario?" Waluigi to Wario when they needed to move location in Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Winter Games DS Adventure Tour.
- "So what if we did? We'll have our revenge in Snowboard Cross!" Waluigi after his bobsleigh loss in Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Winter Games.
- "Waluigi found the secret room. Three cheers for Waluigi!" Waluigi after finding the secret room in Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Winter Games.
- Waluigi has a pink nose similar to Eggman's and Wario's.
- Thanks to his long legs, Waluigi can run very fast. However, in Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games, he was a Skill type character, not speed.
- The symbol on Waluigi's gloves and hat is very similar to the capital of the Greek letter, Gamma "Γ".
- Waluigi's colors are Luigi's colors inverted.
- According to Mario & Sonic at the London 2012 Olympic Games, Waluigi and Wario are not related, but actually just friends.
- Waluigi was created by Camelot Software Planning, a former division of Sega then known as Sonic! Software Planning.
- Waluigi shares a similarity to Shadow, as both characters are represented by dark-shaded colors (Waluigi is represented by the color purple and Shadow is represented by the color black). They both also share a rivalry with the hero's sidekick as Luigi has a rivalry with Waluigi in Mario Tennis and onwards while Tails has a rivalry with Shadow, which is hinted in Sonic Free Riders where Shadow talks to Tails after E-10000B breaks down and tells him in a stern voice, "His robot WAS spewing out a lot of smoke...".