|This group exists primarily or exclusively within the Sonic Boom continuity.|
Information in this article may not be canonical to the storyline of the games or any other Sonic continuity.
All right, load 'em up. Hurry up and nobody gets hurt.
— A Weasel Bandit, "Guilt Tripping"
The Weasel Bandits are a group that appears in the Sonic Boom television series. They are a band of three identical anthropomorphic weasel thieves roaming Seaside Island. They are also members of the Lightning Bolt Society.
As the Weasel Bandits were plundering Gogoba Village, Sonic and Tails came. Getting knocked out by Sonic, the Weasel Bandits were tied up and catapulted away with a palm tree. However, the Gogobas feared the bandits' return, so they made Sonic and Tails stay.
One of the Weasel Bandits joined the Lightning Bolt Society's initiation of Tails, only to discover that he was not a bad guy. As Sonic, Amy and Eggman intruded at the same time, the Weasel Bandit tried stopping the heroes from rescuing Tails on Eggman's orders, but utterly failed. A Weasel Bandit also joined the Lightning Bolt Society's takeover of Eggman's empty lair, where they fumbled around and launched random attacks on Seaside Island until they got kicked out by Eggman and Team Sonic.
All three Weasel Bandits united with the Lightning Bolt Society as the Tree Spy revealed the Village was theirs for the taking, with Sonic having retired and Team Sonic being away. Harassing the villagers with their allies, the Weasel Bandits later helped sent a sheep stampede into town. However, their efforts were foiled by Sonic when he returned. After this incident, one Weasel Bandit joined the Lightning Bolt Society as they pranked the villagers with a glued coin.
A Weasel Bandit and the Lightning Bolt Society later joined other local rogues at a meeting held by Eggman at his lair, who wanted them to form a team to beat Team Sonic. After some leadership disputes leading to team exercises, the Weasel Bandit agreed to Eggman's leadership so the group could prove themselves after Shadow the Hedgehog left the group criticizing them. At the attack on Team Sonic, the Weasel Bandit had Amy and Sticks chase him into his teammates' ambush by stealing Lady Walrus' purse. However, he and his team were defeated.
When robbing a store in the Village Center, the Weasel Bandits were caught by Team Sonic, only for Tommy Thunder to step in and take credit for the heroes' actions. The Weasel Bandits, however, were only happy to help the famous movie star.
All three Weasel Bandits share the same uniform, which includes black t-shirts with matching boots and newsie-caps, white gloves and black bracelets. What distinguishes each member are their mouth-obscuring bandanas which come in red, yellow, and blue. When attending the Lightning Bolt Society, the weasels wear wine-colored robes and fezzes with the society's insignia on them.
- The Weasel Bandits are similar to Fang the Sniper from the Sonic the Hedgehog video games, who is a villainous treasure hunter weasel who tries to steal the Chaos Emeralds.
- One of the Weasel Bandits speaks with an Australian accent.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Denton, Alan; Hahn, Greg (22 July 2015). "Just a Guy". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 34. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Beechen, Adam (17 January 2015). "Guilt Tripping". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 9. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Milano, Dan (7 March 2015). "How to Succeed in Evil Without Really Trying". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 16. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Harrison, Reed (16 May 2015). "Eggman Unplugged". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 26. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Harrison, Reid (1 August 2015). "Next Top Villain". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 37. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Denton, Alan; Hahn, Greg (14 November 2015). "It Takes a Village to Defeat a Hedgehog". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 52. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 Denton, Alan; Hahn, Greg (29 October 2016). "Tommy Thunder: Method Actor". Sonic Boom. Season 2. Episode 53. Cartoon Network.