Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Sonic the Hedgehog (2006)
Sonic the Hedgehog (2006)
Sonic the Hedgehog (2006)
White Acropolis is an Action Stage in Sonic the Hedgehog (2006). It is one of Eggman's many bases, constructed over a wide area in a snow-covered, mountainous region. The area is replete with watchtowers and Spotlights. In addition, there are heavy snowstorms which lower visibility to a degree.
In the game's storyline, White Acropolis is the base where Eggman was keeping the Scepter of Darkness, and also conducting his experiments into time travel, replicating the work of the Solaris Project.
With Princess Elise in captivity, Sonic the Hedgehog has no choice but to brave the icy mountains outside Soleanna and somehow inﬁltrate Dr. Eggman’s frozen fortress. Hundreds of robot guards stand between Sonic and Elise, but with Tails at is side, Sonic is conﬁdent he can rescue her and get all three of them out alive. Dr. Eggman has other plans, of course, and commands his mech battalion to secure every station between the outer perimeter and the inner sanctum. Sonic must use his extreme snowboard skills, coupled with Tails’s talent for ﬂight, to overcome the robot horde and snatch Elise out from under Dr. Eggman’s rather size able nose.
This is one of only two levels in which Sonic can snowboard, the other level being Crisis City. Sonic cruises down the frigid slopes of White Acropolis, dodging fire from enemies all the way down. Sonic cannot actually attack any enemies while in this mode, but can still pick up Item Boxes and Rings. Jumps executed off of certain ramps can grant the player bonuses or shortcuts.
Towards the end of the level Sonic is faced with a steep slope down, but with a large snowball tumbling down behind him. The camera changes angle to show it behind Sonic, which seems to get closer every time he turns a corner. After outrunning this gigantic snowball, Sonic must make one last leap off a ramp to reach the gates of the base.
The rest of the level is full of guard towers, searchlights and laser fences. Often a switch has to be located to lower a barrier to proceed, which might be hidden on a high ledge or under ice. If Sonic lets a searchlight spot him, robots will appear all around him, although this can be done deliberately if the player wishes to score points by defeating them. Points can also be obtained by climbing up the towers and breaking the lights.
One switch is unreachable by Sonic and play changes to Tails until it is found and activated.
Dr. Eggman uses the snowy wasteland of White Acropolis to hide one of his many bases. The base is heavily guarded by robots, including the terrible Egg Cerberus that attempted to stomp out Sonic when he challenged Dr. Eggman just outside the Dusty Desert. Shadow must somehow inﬁltrate the base and rescue Rouge the Bat from Dr. Eggman’s minions. He must then rely on the clever spy to blow open the base and grant Shadow free reign to tear the place up with his all-wheel drive Buggy. Shadow is the only hedgehog who uses vehicles to complete his missions. This artificially created life form has no problem relying on machines rather than heart or mind to get a job done.
Shadow makes his way down the same slope that Sonic went down, but advances to the next part of the level through a door which was seen in Sonic's version of this stage, but was impassable, but can be entered by Shadow's wall glitch however even if the player go he cannot complete sonic's part of the stage.
In this level, you can play Rouge to find Shadow in the last section of the level. Rouge wonders why Shadow is even there, but he simply responds that it was a request from the President. With the help of the buggies that can be found in the level, Shadow must find and destroy five searchlight towers to reach the end of the level. Just breaking the lights on the top is not enough - the player actually has to use the missiles from the buggies. The stage is filled by Egg Keeper, Egg Rounder, Egg Commander, Egg Liner, Egg Gunner, Egg Stinger, Egg Flyer and Egg Guardian.
Silver the Hedgehog and his partner Blaze determine that Dr. Eggman is somehow involved in their grim destiny, so they chart course for White Acropolis. Dr. Eggman’s base is hidden high in a treacherous, frozen mountain range, so the pair must somehow ﬁnd safe passage through the perilous pass, while ﬁghting hordes of mechs. Dr. Eggman must have a steady supply of antifreeze, because his robots do not slow in their defense of their master’s headquarters despite the cold. While Blaze manages to break the outer perimeter of the base, it’s up to Silver to use his mental talents to destroy the remaining robot brigade and press on toward Eggman’s inner sanctum.
The player will initially use Blaze first in order to break through Eggman's forces on the hill. The player is chased by a giant snowball like the one in Sonic's episode, but Blaze is not as fast as Sonic was on his snowboard. The player needs to connect with as many dash panels as possible on the way down to stay ahead of it. Blaze enters the base in the same way as Sonic, but there is a dash panel on the end of the ledge set at an angle upwards that allows the player to clear the gap. As Silver, there are various piles of snow which Silver can use as weapons. Silver's stage is filled by Eggman's robots just like Shadow's version but with one exception is that there are Egg Searcher, Egg Sweeper and Egg Cannon in Silver's version.
The rest of the level sees both Silver and Blaze fight their way through Eggman's base in order to track down Sonic. They come across the Egg Genesis, defeat it, and gain a Chaos Emerald. Amy encounters Princess Elise and both escape to Castle Town.
Amy, determined to save Sonic more than the others, ventures here to find the Blue Emerald during the End of the World. Her stage has more Eyes of Solaris and Iblis minions.
Silver Medal locations
- The first Silver medal is hanged right where the player ﬂies out to the secret route after jumping from the middle ramp of the very beginning of the stage.
- Before the second ramp, it is seen on a raised snowy section in the middle of the track just after the first Silver medal.
- After the second ramp, there is another small ramp in the middle of the track between two wooden guard towers. Jump off the ramp to land on another strip of raised ice, and pick up the Silver Medal (the second strip).
- As the player continues down the pass, look for a side passage marked by a trail of Rings to the left. Follow the Rings down a narrow bend and navigate the slim path to reach another Silver medal.
- After the camera swings around to show Sonic from the front of the rolling snowball, steer toward the center of the pass. Pick up the fifth Silver Medal on.
- After the first point marker, The sixth medal in this section of the stage hides in a set of wooden crates next to the wide laser ﬁeld. Bash the crates to reveal the medal.
- In Tails's section, It is located next to the third searchlight inside the ice wall.
- In Sonic's section, just after getting through the first laser field block, the player will see the eighth Silver Medal on top of a high tower ahead. To get it, go to the raised platform beside the back wall and kick the rocks to expose a secret spring.
- From the eighth one location, look for the ninth Silver Medal in a rock pile that is beneath the ramps in the center of the frozen wasteland. Kick the rocks to expose the medal.
- From the ramps location, bounce across the robots on top of the watch towers (which are to the left of the ramps), and reach a narrow ledge along the rock wall. As you land, a platoon of mechs show up to block access to the Silver Medal. Bash the robots and grab the prize.
- The ﬁrst medal in White Acropolis is on the side passage right after the player begins the stage. When Shadow lands, jump up on this ledge and ﬁght the robots to spot the medal.
- As you drop down the slope (After defeating the robots), look for the second Silver medal hanging in the air above a snowy ramp.
- After the player ﬁnishes off the single-wheeled robots, drop down the pass to a pair of ramps. Go to the left ramp that leads to the next Silver Medal.
- The fourth medal is located behind a tree near the Pulley that leads to the switch.
- Inside the warehouse, grab the Silver medal in the room after destroying all the robots before proceeding to the Warp Hole.
- In Rouge's section, beyond the ﬁrst clearing with a spotlight, on the left side of the canyon, the sixth medal hangs in the air just off the high ledge.
- The seventh Silver medal is inside an ice wall on the left side of the last searchlight area. Climb on the ice wall and put a Bomb to break it.
- The eighth Silver medal is on the edge of the plateau where the player ﬁrst rejoined Shadow.
- Continuing the same path of ramps just after the eighth medal, the player will reach a searchlight beside a wide rail. Break out a patch of ice to the right of this searchlight to collect the prize.
- The ﬁnal medal is on the ramp-like path with red chevrons, near the giant doors of Dr. Eggman’s base.
- As the player starts with Blaze, there will be a secret shortcut of the left wall, follow the path to the left for the first Silver Medal.
- From the position of the first medal, the second one is just opposite the spot where the side path rejoins the central route. Look for it on the narrow ledge on the other side of the wide avenue.
- As the player reaches the Egg Crawlers, carefully step along the edge of the mountain pass and pick up the medal tucked behind the frost-bitten evergreen.
- During the snowball chase, It is on the right side on a small Ramp.
- In the final section of Blaze's part, the fifth Silver medal is hidden in a pile of rocks on the snowy outcropping.
- The sixth one is inside an ice patch near the third Spotlight.
- After the second point marker, head straight and the player will see a raised area to his right. After defeating the enemies, use Psychokinesis on a Container to levitate up to the higher area, the Silver medal is in a pile of rocks near the two giant robots.
- After the same point marker, head straight untill you get to the chasm, levitate across it to land on the ramp to the player's left. Now go up that ramp to find a Silver medal under a tower.
- After gathering the eighth one, turn around and head down off the ramp, then head to the right. Going around the wall, the player will find the ninth Silver Medal.
- Before the small Bottomless pit that the player crosses to the half-pipe toward the goal, it is located in the middle of a pile of spiky balls off to the right side of this chasm.
In other media
In the Archie Comics's Sonic the Hedgehog comic book series and its spin-offs, White Acropolis is a location on Mobius. In Sonic the Hedgehog #246, after Thrash the Tasmanian Devil sealed the surviving Echidnas in an alternate dimension, Knuckles was furious and fought Thrash through various locations. White Acropolis Peaks was one of those locations, where Thrash cause an avalanche via his screaming power, but it did little to stop Knuckles, and he and Trash continued fighting after transporting themselves through a Warp Ring.
- In Sonic's level, this stage is infamous for a dialogue glitch involving Tails. When Sonic touches a certain switch, Tails will then say "There should be a switch somewhere.".
- This does not occur when playing the Hard mode version of this action stage.
- If the player look closely to the sky in the section two of White Acropolis the moon will be within sight.
- Silver Medal Location Guide by Agnix
- Sonic the Hedgehog Prima official guide