Sonic Adventure 2
|Appearances and Overview|
|Number of acts||
Knuckles the Echidna must find three shards of the Master Emerald, having recently shattered it due a verbal fight with Rouge the Bat and the appearance of Dr. Eggman. The stage takes place in the desert close by where Eggman's secret base is. It is equivalent to Rouge's stage, Dry Lagoon where she also searches for the pieces of the Master Emerald.
Like all of Knuckles' stages, this level is a treasure-hunt stage. Knuckles finds himself in a dry canyon area with high winds. He must find three pieces of the Master Emerald. This zone seems to be in a Egyptian ruin somewhere in the desert as it has quite a few of Egyptian statues and secret rooms to dig into. But what is the most in interesting thing in the zone is the giant wind tunnel that Knuckles can use to go to the top part of the level but Knuckles has to go down a hole to get back down.
The upgrade for this stage is the Mystic Melody, which is required for completing the third mission of most stages. It is hidden in a chamber which can only be accessed by digging through a special wall located above a statue's head. Knuckles must have the digging tool to reach the area.
- By digging into a wall on the right side of the room with the walls, it is possible to get the lost Chao without the mystic melody. This is necessary for the fifth mission.
- If the player looks closely at the hieroglyphics, you'll notice a picture of Sonic, or most possibly, a symbol that represents Sonic Team. There is also one that resembles a Chao.
- If the player digs in the nose of the Egyptian head on the top level of the stage, there is a hidden spring.
- In the Dreamcast version, if the player jumps onto the wind tunnel and looks above the canyon, there is a Big sighting over the canyon wall. However if the same process is done again, Big won't be there. This is the only Big sighting which was not reinserted into the HD port of the game.
- If one can look closely at the beginning cutscene where Knuckles and Rouge argue about the Master Emerald, they can see that it takes place in a part of Hidden Base.
- Wild Canyon is similar to Dry Lagoon.