|This character exists primarily or exclusively within the Sonic Boom continuity.|
Information in this article may not be canonical to the storyline of the games or any other Sonic continuity.
You know, this whole experience has been a metaphor for my entire life. No longer will I be just another face in the crowd. I'm gonna turn my life around. Look out world, Wild Cat's coming at ya!
— Wild Cat, "In the Midnight Hour"
Wild Cat is a character that appears in the Sonic Boom franchise. He is an anthropomorphic cat who lives on Seaside Island. A very hard worker, Wild Cat participates in multiple professions and jobs around Hedgehog Village.
Wild Cat is an anthropomorphic cat of average height with atomic tangerine fur, tan fur on his front torso and short muzzle, dark stripes on his tail, and light brown eyes. He possesses two bangs of hair across his forehead, a spike of fur tufted twice at its tip on both sides of his head and his neck, and a small black nose. His attire consists of white gloves with small cuffs, a red belt with a pocket on one side, large baggy grey socks and red shoes.
In the Archie Comics, Wild Cat's fur is maroon, and his shoes are colored yellow. His belt is also darker brown, though his eyes are still light brown.
Wild Cat was one of the applicants for Sonic's sidekick tryouts, but he never made the cut. While making a few visits to Meh Burger, Wild Cat and the villagers got caught in a meteor shower hitting the Village until Sticks saved them. When the Awardy Awards were held not long after, Wild Cat was one of the guests coming to this event, though he left before the height of the evening.
With life going on as usual, Wild Cat found time to visit the Village Center where he watched Orbot and Cubot's terrible street performance with regret, and see a show in T.W. Barker's Circus of Wonders. One day without warning however, Wild Cat and the villagers were cornered by Dr. Eggman as he invaded the island, before being left at the mercy of the Mega. Fortunately, they were saved by Knuckles, whose servere case of bad luck made the Mega destroy itself when he joined Eggman.
While in the Village at night, Wild Cat and the villagers were attacked by Eggman's Moth Bot but were saved by Team Sonic. As Wild Cat trekked through the Village, he found Eggman selling tomato sauce. With Sonic involuntarily proving its deliciousness, Wild Cat brought some cans for himself. A few weeks later however, he was attacked by his lamp which had been turned into a weapon by Eggman's sauce cans, though he was saved when Team Sonic stopped Eggman. On a day visiting Meh Burger, Wild Cat and all else were caught in an endless time loop created by Eggman. As such, Wild Cat, unaware of what was happening, kept reliving the same day until the time loop got broken.
When delivering deli products to the Village, Wild Cat found the delivery route blocked by an overtired Granifer Giganticus. Fortunately, Team Sonic relocated the giant, allowing Wild Cat to continue. When he worked as a library assistant and the library closed early, Wild Cat was about to go for chili dogs with Fastidious Beaver. However, their trip got postponed when Eggman blew a hole in the library and Sonic returned a book. Not long after, Wild Cat and the Village were attacked by Eggman's rampaging robots which had been deployed by the Lightning Bolt Society. Until Team Sonic took care of this, Wild Cat had to flee for his life, though he did manage to stop at Meh Burger for a snack.
As Wild Cat came to Meh Burger with Wolfie, he was caught up in the Battle of the Buns between Chez Amy and Meh Burger. Wild Cat would over the next period regularly switched between these establishments, depending on their gimmicks, before settling at Chez Amy until Eggman destroyed it. Wild Cat later met Swifty the Shrew and was captivated by the shrew's hipness. In Shifty's race against Sonic, Wild Cat rooted for the shrew who won while Sonic got banished from the Village in accordance to the law. However, Wild Cat was betrayed by Swifty when Eggman revealed he was his robot agent, and Swifty robots began ravaging the Village. As Sonic came to theír rescue after being brought back, Wild Cat helped Knuckles topple Eggman's domain while Sonic got rid of Eggman's forces. Leading up to the Chili Dog Cook-Off, Wild Cat would spent his time at Meh Burger. Seeking to built a mall near Sticks' Burrow, Wild Cat went to city hall to get a permit. With Knuckles as deputy mayor, Wild Cat got his permit, bringing himself at odds with Sticks. Wild Cat soon after went to Meh Burger as chaos unfolded in the Village due to Knuckles' misuse of power.
After a visit to Meh Burger, Wild Cat came to the premiere of Eggman's movie at Eggman's lair a few days later. During the movie though, Wild Cat learned it was meant to enslave the audience with hypnotism, but had failed due to an error on Eggman's part. Wild Cat and the audience subsequently left. Wild Cat later came to Meh Burger where he heard Sonic call Mike the Ox "just a guy" which he and the villagers interpreted as Sonic being insensitive. He soon joined an angry mob sharing his outrage, stirring up an uproar that made Sonic retire. However, Wild Cat realized he was wrong about Sonic when he saved the Village from a sheep stampede caused by the Lightning Bolt Society, whom Wild Cat advised to stop being bad since they were no good at it, only for them to "insult" him.
On New Year's Eve, Wild Cat came to the party in the Village Center where he joined an extensive conga line. Amidst the party, Eggman used his Slow Motion Machine to slow down time long enough for him to beat Sonic in something before New Year, though Wild Cat did not see Eggman's victory as it happened too fast to be seen. While hearing of Justin Beaver's growing fame, Wild Cat would work as assistant manager to Justin's producer, Dixon, and helped Dixon's plan to turn Justin's fans into mindless merchandise consumers with music. When Wild Cat went over Dixon's plans for Justin's next concert, the duo caught Sonic, Tails and Knuckles eavesdropping, but failed to catch them. Wild Cat's preparations were later ruined by said trio when they broke their mind control at the concert.
Witnessing Eggman having trouble at the post office, Wild Cat fled as the doctor called in Decimator Bot. After a well-deserved meal at Meh Burger, Wild Cat had a laugh when he saw Tails do a dance in the Village Center. Wild Cat later attended the live recording of Bro-Down Showdown in the Village Center, but had to seek shelter when Obliterator Bot attacked the Village. During Knuckles' fame for his trash can trend, Wild Cat was among the villagers adoring their new celebrity. Meanwhile, he would continue his work as assistant to the host on the Comedy Chimp Show, first to Comedy Chimp and later their guest host Knuckles.
Wild Cat later joined an angry mob at the town hall when Sonic had seemingly become a thief. There, Knuckles promised them to bring in Sonic. Although Wild Cat briefly joined Knuckles' hunt to help, Sonic was proven innocent in the end. Another time, Wild Cat came to the Robot Battle Royale to both watch the tournament and work as a chili dog vendor, where he saw Eggman steal Tails' Hypnobot at the end. Resuming his visits to Meh Burger, Wild Cat eventually attended Puppy Con. There, he saw Eggman's fruitless agenda to steal a rare playing piece. Then, when Knuckles and the new villain Charlie started a fight, Wild Cat showed up to see the brawl, which ended with Knuckles' victory.
A fan of Tommy Thunder, Wild Cat showed up to the movie star's latest movie promotion. He also came to hail Tommy after he "beat" Obliterator Bot. Hearing later from Dr. Eggman in the Village Center that an asteroid would impact the earth, Wild Cat showed up to buy a spot in Eggman's bunker to ride out the impending apocalypse in. Although Wild Cat did not get a spot, Team Sonic would stop the asteroid. After attending the opening of the new scissor factory, Wild Cat would show up to see Sticks' interview of Mayor Fink after the badger got her own TV news gig. Wild Cat was later in the Village Center where he, to his confusion, noticed Sonic had travelled to another plane of existence. Another time, Wild Cat saw other people elaborate on their careers on Career Day before going to the post office, where he had to deal with Mark the Tapir's impudence while waiting in line, which was followed by a trip to the movies.
While subtly hypnotized by Dreamcaster's TV broadcasts, Wild Cat angrily faced Sticks when she disturbed him with her unlikely story about Dreamcaster on TV. Wild Cat soon after became Dr. Eggman's zombie slave, who had him and the hypnotized villagers build a world-controlling satellite. He would later attack Sticks when she came to the rescue (during which he had an epiphany), but was freed as Team Sonic foiled Eggman's plan. When Tails later made a Village defense against Eggman, Wild Cat would praise the fox at his trophy ceremony until Eggman arrived through a hole in the defense. With Tails' defense backfiring while Eggman was stopped, Wild Cat joined the villagers scorning Tails afterward.
Wild Cat eventually visited Dr. Eggman's job fair, but declined his job offer at Eggman Industries. He was later inspired to buy some Fuzzy Puppy figurines from Orbot and resell one of them to a mystery buyer, unaware that Orbot was manipulating him. Wild Cat would also run from the Egg Tank when Orbot invaded the Village. Wild Cat would later wait in line at Meh Burger when a possessed Sonic cut in front of him in his mech suit. He would also play volleyball with Tails, Sticks and Wolfie until Sonic came and popped their ball. Back in the Village Center, Wild Cat saw Sonic and Eggman pass by in their respective vehicles. It was not long after that Wild Cat would see the Froglodytes arrive in the Village Center to plunder and ravage the Village. He would also come to an edition of the Comedy Chimp Show, where he lost the show's give-away prize to Knuckles. Wild Cat soon after appeared at Meh Burger, impatiently waiting for the staff to take his order.
When the Village had a power outage, Wild Cat stayed calm at first, but soon began rioting. However, he calmed down once Team Sonic got the power back on. Another time, Wild Cat learned at a town meeting that their village was named after Sticks' evil ancestor, Jebediah Badger, which made him scorn Sticks. As a vote between Amy and Eggman's propositions for a new town name then came underway, Wild Cat got enticed by Eggman's campaign. After voting at the referendum however, which Eggman used to get elected as Village leader, Wild Cat kept his distance from Eggman's attempt to destroy the Village. As Sticks helped her team stop Eggman's plan and remove him from power however, Wild Cat found peace with Sticks again. Coming to Meh Burger, Wild Cat received premium service from the new robot employees (courtesy of Eggman) before watching Dave the Intern lose his job to one of these robots in a contest. Upon attenting the reopening of the improved Meh Burger however, Wild Cat and the villagers got trapped in a force-field and sent towards space in Meh Burger by Eggman. Thanks to Team Sonic and Dave though, Wild Cat was rescued, along with Meh Burger. Wild Cat also showed up at Mr. Slate's unveiling of the Fregosi Sapphire, but ran away when Eggman appeared to steal the gemstone.
When Tails seemingly proved Muckfoot's existence with a photo, Wild Cat would praise Tails as a hero and take part in the ensuring Muckfoot Mania. However, he would scorn Tails when the fox showed that his "Muckfoot" was just Knuckles covered in mud. Some time afterwards, Wild Cat took some time off to relax on the beach. He later returned to the Village Center, only to run away when several widabits came charging through town. Wild Cat was soon after forced to run for his life again when Eggman's malware-infected robots went on an unparalleled blitzkrieg in the Village. As the attack pressed on, Wild Cat would cower in fear until Knuckles inspired him to help Team Sonic and the villagers fight the robots. Ultimately, the Village prevailed when the robots withdrew. Despite this experience, Wild Cat ended up resuming his old ways by running away from Eggman once he returned to the Village to wreck havoc. Wild Cat later became a fan of the Lightning Bowler Society after seeing them beat the Pin Dashers. He thus came to the Lightning Bowlers' next public appearances as the team rose to stardom. After that, he would visit the Comedy Chimp Show on a separate occasion.
Back in the Village Center, Wild Cat steered clear of Eggman when he had a rage trip. Once Amy and Sticks drove the doctor off, Wild Cat cheered for the duo. When Belinda then appeared and went on a rampage in Charlie's Mech Suit, Wild Cat ran to safety. Eggman soon after opened "Eggman Towers" which Wild Cat tried checking into, only to get kicked out by Eggman when he asked for a different room each night. When local gossip later revealed that Dr. Eggman was no doctor, Wild Cat began seeing him as a joke. He thus joined the villagers in mocking Eggman during the scientist's next trip to the Village. When Eggman did earn his doctorate, Wild Cat watched his graduation ceremony. Wild Cat would some time after wait in line during the evening to visit Barker's Haunted Forest. He would also try to visit Barker's newly-acquired "haunted lair" a few days later. However, he forwent the lair when he heard Eggman, who got tossed out of the lair, rant about it being a hoax. Returning to the Village Center, Wild Cat ended up running from Barker and his robots when the villain was on the warpath.
After getting nagged into signing a petition by Amy, Wild Cat went to see a soccer match between Team Sonic and Team Cybonic that would decide the closed rec center's fate. When Team Sonic won, Mayor Fink declared that the rec center would be reopened, much to Wild Cat's joy.
While in the Village Center, Wild Cat was invited to Dr. Eggman's Eggtoberfest. Though Wild Cat went there, the rides turned out to be inoperable, so he and the villagers formed an angry mob and made Eggman fix the problem. Despite this, Wild Cat knew the Eggtoberfest was just an attempt on Eggman's behalf to buy his trust, prompting to Eggman release his army on the villagers until Team Sonic stopped it.
Sonic Dash 2: Sonic Boom
Wild Cat is a very hard worker and a guy of many talents given the several jobs he participates in. He comes off as somewhat sympathetic, telling the Lightning Bolt Society that he understood why they are trying to be evil, but nonetheless tried encouraging them to cease with their villainous activities as they were just embarrassing themselves. In time, he has also developed an interest in rising above his lot in life, namely by becoming someone more prominent that just "another face in the crowd."
Wild Cat is someone not easily bought as he recognized Eggman's attempt to buy his trust by putting on the Eggtoberfest, an method that did not sit well with him. He is also afraid of commitments and does not take interest in democratic matter.
- Wild Cat's character model has been reused for various other background characters in the Sonic Boom television series, such as the Ice Cream Vendor and the Process Server (the latter of which is no different from Wild Cat besides their voices).
- Wild Cat's name was first mentioned in the Sonic Boom television series in "In the Midnight Hour".
- ↑ Bill Freiberger on Twitter. Twitter (23 January 2017). Retrieved on 23 January 2017. “Bill Freiberger: Sheep Villager is voiced by @VOKirk, Kirk Thornton. Wild Cat is voiced by @WallyWingert.”
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Denton, Alan; Hahn, Greg; Freiberger, Bill (13 May 2017). "Robots From The Sky Part 2". Sonic Boom. Season 2. Episode 79. Boomerang.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Gutierrez, Freddie (2 May 2015). "Late Fees". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 24. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Denton, Alan; Hahn, Greg (15 August 2015). "Battle of the Boy Bands". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 39. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 Harrison, Reid (5 September 2015). "Late Night Wars". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 42. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 6.2 Freiberger, Sam (1 July 2017). "Inn Sanity". Sonic Boom. Season 2. Episode 86. Boomerang.
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 7.2 7.3 Sonic Boom #5, "Eggtoberfest!"
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 Bill Freiberger on Twitter. Twitter (16 August 2015). Retrieved on 16 August 2015. “Alexander Soerensen: Just how many jobs does Wild Cat have? Library assistant, construction worker, messenger, assistant manager? / Bill Freiberger: Wild Cat is a very hard worker.”
- ↑ Banker, Mark; Lieblich, Doug (8 November 2014). "The Sidekick". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 1. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Trueheart, Eric (15 November 2014). "Buster". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 4. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Banker, Mark; Denton, Alan; Hahn, Greg (29 November 2014). "Double Doomsday". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 7. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Lieblich, Doug (22 November 2014). "My Fair Sticksy". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 5. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Denton, Alan; Hahn, Greg (24 January 2015). "Dude, Where's My Eggman?". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 10. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Banker, Mark; Denton, Alan; Hahn, Greg (7 February 2015). "Circus of Plunders". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 12. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Polsky, Dave (14 February 2015). "Unlucky Knuckles". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 13. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Harrison, Reid (14 March 2015). "Don't Judge Me". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 17. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Denton, Alan; Hahn, Greg (21 March 2015). "Dr. Eggman's Tomato Sauce". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 18. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Sellner, Joelle (4 April 2015). "Hedgehog Day". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 20. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Tuber, Douglas; Maile, Tim (11 April 2015). "Sleeping Giant". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 21. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Harrison, Reed (16 May 2015). "Eggman Unplugged". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 26. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Harrison, Reid (13 July 2015). "Chez Amy". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 27. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Lieblich, Doug (14 July 2015). "Blue With Envy". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 28. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Harrison, Reid (16 July 2015). "Chili Dog Day Afternoon". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 30. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Harrison, Reid (20 July 2015). "Mayor Knuckles". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 32. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Freiberger, Sam (21 July 2015). "Eggman the Auteur". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 33. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ 26.0 26.1 Denton, Alan; Hahn, Greg (22 July 2015). "Just a Guy". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 34. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Harrison, Reid (8 August 2015). "New Year's Retribution". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 38. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Harrison, Reid (22 August 2015). "Tails' Crush". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 40. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Moarbes, Charles-Henri (29 August 2015). "Bro-Down Showdown". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 41. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Harrison, Reid (19 September 2015). "It Wasn't Me, It Was the One-Armed Hedgehog". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 44. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Van Liemt, Romain; Grenier, Benoit (26 September 2015). "Robot Battle Royale". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 45. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Harrison, Reid (10 October 2015). "Fuzzy Puppy Buddies". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 47. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Grenier, Benoit (7 November 2015). "Counter Productive". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 51. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Denton, Alan; Hahn, Greg (29 October 2016). "Tommy Thunder: Method Actor". Sonic Boom. Season 2. Episode 53. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Sellner, Joelle (19 November 2016). "Spacemageddonocalypse". Sonic Boom. Season 2. Episode 54. Boomerang.
- ↑ Freiberger, Sam (26 November 2016). "Nutwork". Sonic Boom. Season 2. Episode 55. Boomerang.
- ↑ Grenier, Benoit (3 December 2016). "Alone Again, Unnaturally". Sonic Boom. Season 2. Episode 56. Boomerang.
- ↑ Lieblich, Doug (10 December 2016). "The Biggest Fan". Sonic Boom. Season 2. Episode 57. Boomerang.
- ↑ 39.0 39.1 Shriver, Pauk (31 December 2016). "In the Midnight Hour". Sonic Boom. Season 2. Episode 60. Boomerang.
- ↑ Lachenaud, Marine; Lachenaud, Cedric (7 January 2017). "Multi-Tails". Sonic Boom. Season 2. Episode 61. Boomerang.
- ↑ Beardmore, Marie (14 January 2017). "Strike!". Sonic Boom. Season 2. Episode 62. Boomerang.
- ↑ Grenier, Benoit (21 January 2017). "The Evil Dr. Orbot". Sonic Boom. Season 2. Episode 63. Boomerang.
- ↑ Denton, Alan; Hahn, Greg (4 February 2017). "Mech Suits Me". Sonic Boom. Season 2. Episode 65. Boomerang.
- ↑ Flynn, Ian (18 February 2017). "Og Man Out". Sonic Boom. Season 2. Episode 67. Boomerang.
- ↑ Grenier, Benoit (25 February 2017). "Knine-to-Five Knuckles". Sonic Boom. Season 2. Episode 68. Boomerang.
- ↑ Raut-Sieuzac, Natalys (4 March 2017). "Blackout". Sonic Boom. Season 2. Episode 69. Boomerang.
- ↑ Grenier, Benoit (11 March 2017). "Unnamed Episode". Sonic Boom. Season 2. Episode 70. Boomerang.
- ↑ Baraou, Anne (18 March 2017). "Robot Employees". Sonic Boom. Season 2. Episode 71. Boomerang.
- ↑ Robinson, Cindy (25 March 2017). "Give Bees A Chance". Sonic Boom. Season 2. Episode 72. Boomerang.
- ↑ Burke, Kevin; Wyatt, Chris (8 April 2017). "Muckfoot". Sonic Boom. Season 2. Episode 74. Boomerang.
- ↑ Lachenaud, Marine; Lachenaud, Cedric (22 April 2017). "Eggman's Brother". Sonic Boom. Season 2. Episode 76. Boomerang.
- ↑ Saisselin, Peter (29 April 2017). "Do Not Disturb". Sonic Boom. Season 2. Episode 77. Boomerang.
- ↑ Denton, Alan; Hahn, Greg; Freiberger, Bill (20 May 2017). "Robots From The Sky Part 3". Sonic Boom. Season 2. Episode 80. Boomerang.
- ↑ Beardmore, Marie (3 June 2017). "Flea-ing From Trouble". Sonic Boom. Season 2. Episode 82. Boomerang.
- ↑ Saisselin, Peter (10 June 2017). "Lightning Bowler Society". Sonic Boom. Season 2. Episode 83. Boomerang.
- ↑ Denton, Alan; Hahn, Greg (17 June 2017). "Planes, Trains and Dude-Mobiles". Sonic Boom. Season 2. Episode 84. Boomerang.
- ↑ Denton, Alan; Hahn, Greg (24 June 2017). "Sticks and Amy's Excellent Staycation". Sonic Boom. Season 2. Episode 85. Boomerang.
- ↑ Freiberger, Sam (8 July 2017). "Mister Eggman". Sonic Boom. Season 2. Episode 87. Boomerang.
- ↑ Joly, Sandrine (15 July 2017). "The Haunted Lair". Sonic Boom. Season 2. Episode 88. Boomerang.
- ↑ 60.0 60.1 Freiberger, Sam (5 August 2017). "Victory". Sonic Boom. Season 2. Episode 91. Boomerang.