Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|This character exists primarily or exclusively within the Sonic Boom continuity.|
Information in this article may not be canonical to the storyline of the games or any other Sonic continuity.
Wild Cat is a character that appears in the Sonic Boom franchise. He is an anthropomorphic cat who lives on Seaside Island. A very hard worker, Wild Cat participates in multiple professions and jobs around his Village.
Wild Cat is a humanoid cat of average height with atomic tangerine fur, tan fur on his front torso and short muzzle, dark stripes on his tail, and light brown eyes. He possesses two bangs of hair across his forehead, a spike of fur tufted twice at its tip on both sides of his head and his neck, and a small black nose. His attire consists of a white gloves with small cuffs, a red belt with a pocket on one side, large baggy grey socks and red shoes.
In the Archie Comics, Wild Cat's fur is maroon, and his shoes are colored yellow. His belt is also darker brown, though his eyes are still light brown.
Wild Cat was one of the applicants for Sonic's sidekick tryouts, but he never made the cut. While making a few visits to Meh Burger, Wild Cat and the villagers got caught in a meteor shower hitting the Village until Sticks saved them. When the Awardy Awards were held not long after, Wild Cat was one of the guests coming to this event, though he left before the height of the evening.
With life going on as usual, Wild Cat found time to visit the Village Center where he watched Orbot and Cubot's terrible street performance with regret, and see a show in T.W. Barker's Circus of Wonders. One day without warning however, Wild Cat and the villagers were cornered by Dr. Eggman as he invaded the island, before being left at the mercy of the Mega. Fortunately, they were saved by Knuckles, whose servere case of bad luck made the Mega destroy itself when he joined Eggman.
While in the Village at night, Wild Cat and the villagers were attacked by Eggman's Moth Bot but were saved by Team Sonic. As Wild Cat trekked through the Village, he found Eggman selling tomato sauce. With Sonic involuntarily proving its deliciousness, Wild Cat brought some cans for himself. A few weeks later however, he was attacked by his lamp which had been turned into a weapon by Eggman's sauce cans, though he was saved when Team Sonic stopped Eggman. On a day visiting Meh Burger, Wild Cat and all else were caught in an endless time loop created by Eggman. As such, Wild Cat, unaware of what was happening, would keep reliving the same day until the time loop got broken.
Wild Cat later worked on delivering deli products to the Village, only to find the delivery route blocked by an overtired Granifier Giganticus. Fortunately, Team Sonic relocated the giant, allowing Wild Cat to continue. When he worked as a library assistant and the library closed early, Wild Cat was about to go for chili dogs with Fastidious Beaver. However, their trip got postponed when Eggman blew a hole in the library and Sonic returned a book. Not long after, Wild Cat and the Village were attacked by Eggman's rampaging robots which had been deployed by the Lightning Bolt Society. Until Team Sonic took care of this, Wild Cat had to flee for his life, though he did manage to stop at Meh Burger for a snack.
As Wild Cat would come to Meh Burger with Wolfie, he was caught up in the Battle of the Buns between Chez Amy and Meh Burger. Wild Cat would over the next period regularly switched between these establishments, depending on their gimmicks, before settling at Chez Amy until Eggman destroyed it. Wild Cat later met Swifty the Shrew and was captivated by the shrew's hipness. In Shifty's race against Sonic, Wild Cat rooted for the shrew who won while Sonic got banished from the Village in accordance to the law. However, Wild Cat was betrayed by Swifty when Eggman revealed he was his robot agent, and Swifty robots began ravaging the Village. As Sonic came to theír rescue after being brought back, Wild Cat helped Knuckles topple Eggman's domain while Sonic got rid of Eggman's forces. Leading up to the Chili Dog Cook-Off, Wild Cat would spent his time at Meh Burger. Seeking to built a mall near Sticks' Burrow, Wild Cat went to city hall to get a permit. With Knuckles as deputy mayor, Wild Cat got his permit, bringing himself at odds with Sticks. Wild Cat soon after went to Meh Burger as chaos unfolded in the Village due to Knuckles' misuse of power.
After a visit to Meh Burger, Wild Cat came to the premiere of Eggman's movie at Eggman's lair a few days later. During the movie though, Wild Cat learned it was meant to enslave the audience with hypnotism, but had failed due to an error on Eggman's part. Wild Cat and the audience subsequently left. Wild Cat later came to Meh Burger where he heard Sonic call Mike the Ox "just a guy" which he and the villagers interpreted as Sonic being insensitive. He soon joined an angry mob sharing his outrage, stirring up an uproar that made Sonic retire. However, Wild Cat realized he was wrong about Sonic when he saved the Village from a sheep stampede caused by the Lightning Bolt Society, whom Wild Cat advised to stop being bad guys since they were no good at it, only for them to "insult" him.
On New Year's Eve, Wild Cat participated in the party in the Village Center where he joined an extensive conga line. Amidst the party, Eggman used his Slow Motion Machine to slow down time long enough for him to beat Sonic in something before New Year, though Wild Cat did not see Eggman's victory as it happened too fast to be seen. As Wild Cat later heard of Justin Beaver's growing fame, he came to be the assistant manager for Justin's producer, Dixon, helping him with his evil plan to turn Justin's fans into mindless merchandise consumers using music. When Wild Cat went over Dixon's plans to brainwash the town at Justin's next concert, the duo caught Sonic, Tails and Knuckles eavesdropping, but failed to catch them. Wild Cat's preparations were later ruined by said trio when they broke their mind control at the concert.
Witnessing Eggman having trouble at the post office, Wild Cat fled as the doctor called in Decimator Bot. After a well-deserved meal at Meh Burger, Wild Cat had a laugh when he saw Tails do a dance in the Village Center. Wild Cat later attended the live recording of Bro-Down Showdown in the Village Center. While watching however, he had to escape and seek shelter when Obliterator Bot attacked the Village. During Knuckles' fame for his trash can trend, Wild Cat was among the villagers adoring their new celebrity. In the meantime, he would continue his work as assistant to the host on the Comedy Chimp Show, first to Comedy Chimp and later their guest host Knuckles.
Wild Cat later joined an angry mob at the tow hall when Sonic had seemingly become a thief. There, Knuckles promised them to bring in Sonic. Although Wild Cat would join Knuckles' hunt for a time to help, Sonic was proven innocent in the end. Another time, Wild Cat came to the Robot Battle Royale to both watch the tournament and work as a chili dog vendor, where he saw Eggman steal Tails' Hypno-bot at the end. Resuming his visits to Meh Burger, Wild Cat eventually attended Puppy Con. There, he saw Eggman's fruitless agenda to steal a rare playing piece. Then, when Knuckles and the new villain Charlie started a fight, Wild Cat showed up to see the brawl, which ended with Knuckles' victory.
A fan of Tommy Thunder, Wild Cat showed up to the movie star's latest movie promotion. He also came to hail Tommy after he "beat" Obliterator Bot. Hearing later from Dr. Eggman in the Village Center that an asteroid would impact the earth, Wild Cat showed up to buy a spot in Eggman's bunker to ride out the impending apocalypse in. Although Wild Cat did not get a spot, Team Sonic would stop the asteroid. After attending the opening of the new scissor factory, Wild Cat would show up to see Sticks' interview of Mayor Fink after the badger got her own TV news gig. Wild Cat was later in the Village Center where he, to his confusion, noticed Sonic had travelled to another plane of existence.
While in the Village Center, Wild Cat was invited to Dr. Eggman's Eggtoberfest. Though Wild Cat went there, the rides turned out to be inoperable, so he and the villagers formed an angry mob and made Eggman fix the problem. Despite this, Wild Cat knew the Eggtoberfest was just an attempt on Eggman's behalf to buy his trust, prompting to Eggman release his army on the villagers until Team Sonic stopped it.
Sonic Dash 2: Sonic Boom
Wild Cat is a very hard worker and a guy of many talents given the several jobs he participates in. He comes off as somewhat sympathetic, telling the Lightning Bolt Society that he understood why they are trying to be evil, but nonetheless tried discouraging them to continue their activities as they were just embarrassing themselves. Wild Cat is also someone not easily bought as he recognized Eggman's attempt to buy his trust by putting on the Eggtoberfest, an method that did not sit well with him.
- Wild Cat's character model has been reused for various other background characters in the Sonic Boom television series, such as the Ice Cream Vendor and the Process Server.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Gutierrez, Freddie (2 May 2015). "Late Fees". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 24. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Denton, Alan; Hahn, Greg (15 August 2015). "Battle of the Boy Bands". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 39. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Harrison, Reid (5 September 2015). "Late Night Wars". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 42. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 4.3 Sonic Boom #5, "Eggtoberfest!"
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 Bill Freiberger on Twitter. Twitter (16 August 2015). Retrieved on 16 August 2015. “Alexander Soerensen: Just how many jobs does Wild Cat have? Library assistant, construction worker, messenger, assistant manager? / Bill Freiberger: Wild Cat is a very hard worker.”
- ↑ Banker, Mark; Lieblich, Doug (8 November 2014). "The Sidekick". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 1. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Trueheart, Eric (15 November 2014). "Buster". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 4. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Banker, Mark; Denton, Alan; Hahn, Greg (29 November 2014). "Double Doomsday". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 7. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Lieblich, Doug (22 November 2014). "My Fair Sticksy". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 5. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Denton, Alan; Hahn, Greg (24 January 2015). "Dude, Where's My Eggman?". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 10. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Banker, Mark; Denton, Alan; Hahn, Greg (7 February 2015). "Circus of Plunders". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 12. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Polsky, Dave (14 February 2015). "Unlucky Knuckles". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 13. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Harrison, Reid (14 March 2015). "Don't Judge Me". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 17. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Denton, Alan; Hahn, Greg (21 March 2015). "Dr. Eggman's Tomato Sauce". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 18. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Sellner, Joelle (4 April 2015). "Hedgehog Day". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 20. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Tuber, Douglas; Maile, Tim (11 April 2015). "Sleeping Giant". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 21. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Harrison, Reed (16 May 2015). "Eggman Unplugged". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 26. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Harrison, Reid (13 July 2015). "Chez Amy". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 27. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Lieblich, Doug (14 July 2015). "Blue With Envy". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 28. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Harrison, Reid (16 July 2015). "Chili Dog Day Afternoon". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 30. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Harrison, Reid (20 July 2015). "Mayor Knuckles". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 32. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Freiberger, Sam (21 July 2015). "Eggman the Auteur". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 33. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ 23.0 23.1 Denton, Alan; Hahn, Greg (22 July 2015). "Just a Guy". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 34. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Harrison, Reid (8 August 2015). "New Year's Retribution". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 38. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Harrison, Reid (22 August 2015). "Tails' Crush". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 40. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Moarbes, Charles-Henri (29 August 2015). "Bro-Down Showdown". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 41. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Harrison, Reid (19 September 2015). "It Wasn't Me, It Was the One-Armed Hedgehog". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 44. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Van Liemt, Romain; Grenier, Benoit (26 September 2015). "Robot Battle Royale". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 45. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Harrison, Reid (10 October 2015). "Fuzzy Puppy Buddies". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 47. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Grenier, Benoit (7 November 2015). "Counter Productive". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 51. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Denton, Alan; Hahn, Greg (29 October 2016). "Tommy Thunder: Method Actor". Sonic Boom. Season 2. Episode 53. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Sellner, Joelle (19 November 2016). "Spacemageddonocalypse". Sonic Boom. Season 2. Episode 54. Boomerang.
- ↑ Freiberger, Sam (26 November 2016). "Nutwork". Sonic Boom. Season 2. Episode 55. Boomerang.
- ↑ Grenier, Benoit (3 December 2016). "Alone Again, Unnaturally". Sonic Boom. Season 2. Episode 56. Boomerang.