Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Stages with a winter theme take place in icy or snowy environments, possibly mountainous or underground. Surfaces are often slippery, and the levels may include long slopes down which characters must run, slide or snowboard. Obstacles, enemies and bosses may take advantage of the slippery terrain, or may be equipped with weapons that can freeze the player, taking advantage of the temperature. A prominent feature of a winter theme is that in most Sonic games is usually the fourth or fifth zone of the game.
Stages with a winter theme
- Icy Isle, SegaSonic the Hedgehog (1993)
- IceCap Zone, Sonic the Hedgehog 3 (1994) - This zone is a good example of the winter theme, incorporating all of the elements that define such levels. This zone also incorporates underwater elements in Act 2.
- Robotnik Winter Zone, Sonic the Hedgehog Triple Trouble (1994)
- Ice Cap, Sonic Drift 2 (1995)
- Aurora Icefield, Sonic the Fighters (1996)
- Diamond Dust Zone, Sonic 3D Blast (1996)
- Crystal Frost Zone, Sonic X-treme (Scrapped)
- Icecap, Sonic Adventure (1998)
- Ice Mountain Zone, Sonic Advance (2001) - This zone also incorporates underwater areas.
- Ice Paradise, Sonic Advance 2 (2002)
- Twinkle Snow, Sonic Advance 3 (2004) - This zone also incorporates underwater areas like Ice Mountain Zone.
- Mountain Zone, Sonic Jump (2005)
- Ice Factory, Sonic Riders (2006) - This course mainly features an industrial setting.
- White Acropolis, Sonic the Hedgehog (2006)
- Crystal Mountain Zone, Sonic Rivals (2006)
- Blizzard Peaks, Sonic Rush Adventure, (2007)
- Snowy Kingdom, Sonic Riders: Zero Gravity (2008)
- Cool Edge, Sonic Unleashed (2008)
- Icicle Valley, Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing (2010)
- Rampart Road, Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing (2010)
- Frozen Forest, Sonic Free Riders (2010)
- White Park Zone, Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode II (2012) - This zone also incorporates elements of the amusement park theme and the underwater theme. The winter elements predominate in Act 1.
- Mountain Zone, Sonic Jump (2012)
- Chilly Castle, Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed (2012)
- Frozen Factory, Sonic Lost World (2013) - Mainly predominates in Zones 1 (which also incorporates elements of the industrial theme), 2 and 4.
- Frozen Factory, Sonic Runners (2015)
- Kodiak Frontier, Sonic Boom: Fire & Ice (2016) - This stage also incorporates elements of the forest theme.
- Ragna Rock, Sonic Boom: Fire & Ice (2016) - This stage also incorporates elements of the fire theme.
- Fissure Tunnel, Sonic Boom: Fire & Ice (2016) - This stage also incorporates elements of the fire and underground themes.