|This character exists primarily or exclusively within the Sonic Boom continuity.|
Information in this article may not be canonical to the storyline of the games or any other Sonic continuity.
- You may be looking for Wolfie.
Wolf is a humanoid wolf about a head shorter than Comedy Chimp, with sharp ears, green eyes and a large muzzle. He has mostly carnelian fur with ivory fur on his stomach, muzzle, and inner ears. He also has short cheek tuffs, three bangs of hair on his forehead, a brown snout, and a fluffy tail with an ivory tip. His attire consists of a light blue jacket with thin dark stripes, white shocks, and long black shoes with white tips.
Wolf has worked at least twenty years in the showbiz, although he never changed his material over the years. He would eventually join Comedy Chimp as his sidekick and cohost on the Comedy Chimp Show.
Wolf would do a number of shows together with Comedy Chimp, including the latter's "New Years Eve Rockin' Bananaganza." As Wolf joined Comedy Chimp for a fan signing, the latter began noticing that he was past his prime. Wolf thus offered to fill in for Comedy Chimp while he got his cosmetic surgery to ensure no one could would steal his job. Instead, Knuckles was chosen, whom Wolf tutored and later committed to as the echidna was given Comedy Chimp's job. Once Knuckles quit, Wolf tried filling in as the show's host which ended disastrously as Comedy Chimp resumed his post.
Eventually, Wolf was given his own "Wolf Sidekick Special" episode where he put on a mediocre show that nonetheless pleased the sidekick viewers.
Wolf is very obsequious, throwing positive complements at everyone without holding any sense of loyalty in them, like casually abandoning Comedy Chimp despite supporting him several times. Though working in the showbiz, he is noted to be a talentless hack, having used the same shtick for two decades, including cliché one-liners. Despite this, he will gladly take a more active role in the Comedy Chimp Show, having tried to fill out the host position multiple times. He is also an ideal spokesperson and role model for sidekicks as he is very relatable to such people.
- Wolf's voice can be heard on the TV in Tails house' in "Can an Evil Genius Crash on Your Couch for a Few Days?" which aired several episodes before his debut.
- In the Sonic Boom comic series, Wolf made an appearance in the Off Panel in Sonic Boom #5.
- Before Wolf was unveiled as Comedy Chimp's sidekick/co-host, Comedy Chimp would mention having a sidekick in "Just a Guy". His name was later mentioned in the Off Panel of Sonic the Hedgehog #274 (released two months before "Late Night Wars"), which was written by Bill Freiberger.
- ↑ Bill Freiberger on Twitter. Twitter (12 November 2016). Retrieved on 14 November 2016. “Bill Freiberger: @WallyWingert is the voice of Wolf Sidekick.”
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 Harrison, Reid (5 September 2015). "Late Night Wars". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 42. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Bill Freiberger on Twitter. Twitter (5 September 2015). Retrieved on 6 September 2015. “Bill Freiberger: Comedy Chimp's cohost is named Wolf Sidekick. Comedy Chimp sometimes calls him Wolfie for short, but that's not his name.”
- ↑ Sonic Boom #5, "Off Panel"
- ↑ Lieblich, Doug (8 November 2014). "Can an Evil Genius Crash on Your Couch for a Few Days?". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 2. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Harrison, Reid (14 March 2015). "Don't Judge Me". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 17. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 Harrison, Reid (31 October 2015). "Cabin Fever". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 50. Cartoon Network.