|Alignment and character traits|
|Skills, abilities and powers|
The Yellow Wisp has a triangular head with one orange eye in the middle. The head is covered in orange and yellow stripes. It has three tentacles stemming from the head. Its appearance resembles that of the White Wisp, but it has no antennae and a different-shaped head. As the Yellow Drill, Sonic resembles a yellow drill-head.
Yellow Wisps give Sonic the ability to drill underground. If the wisp power runs out while drilling underground, the player will lose a life. This Wisp can also give Sonic the ability to go through water like a torpedo. In Co-Op mode, when two are used together, the two players will attract rings.
Yellow Wisps are very energetic and playful. They are very fond of Earth and water. In the DS version of Sonic Colors one of them asks Sonic to 'play' with him in the water, which made Sonic nervous because of his fear of water. Sonic also compares the wisp to Knuckles because of its energetic nature.
- Yellow Drill is the third power-up introduced in the game.
- The Yellow Drill is first used by Sonic in Sweet Mountain Act 1.
- The Yellow Drill can be used to deal extra damage against Captain Jelly and Admiral Jelly (Wii version) and the Drillinator (DS version).
- As the Yellow Drill, Sonic often encounters Moles and Burrobots.
- As the Yellow Drill, Sonic controls exactly like NiGHTS does while speeding up.
- The Yellow Wisp is often referred to as the Yellow Drill. The Yellow Wisp is the name of the Wisp, but the Yellow Drill is Sonic using the color power of the Yellow Wisp.
- An image of the early version of the Yellow Wisp can be found inside the game, showing him without stripes, each tentacle being in the front and not two in front and one back, and with a blue eye.