The Zeti (ゼティ Zeti?) are recurring creatures in the Sonic the Hedgehog series. It is a fabled race of demons native to the Lost Hex that is lead by their strongest warrior, Zavok. For a scheme, Dr. Eggman enslaved a group of Zeti known as the Deadly Six, only for them to rise up against him due to an accident caused by Sonic. However, the Zeti were defeated by Sonic before they could destroy the world.
The Zeti are humanoid in terms of overall physical appearance, but possesses some unique key features. Common physical characteristics they share are five fingers with claw-like nails, two-toed feet with a claw-like appendage on each of their toes and heels, and tails. Each Zeti also possesses a number of striped horns on their head, with the number of the horns differing between each individual, though two appears to be the most common. The average height for a Zeti is about 118 centimeters (or roughly 3'10").
The skin color of the Zeti comes in vastly different varieties, which has been seen so far to be neon pink, yellow, blue, green-yellow, and white. They also possesses equally distinct hair colors, which can range from between sky blue, purple, and green, though it can turn gray from aging. Common color characteristics Zeti share are black hips and legs, and yellow sclera.
The individual Zeti can have their own unique physical proportions and features; Zavok is muscular and bulky with a fairly standard humanoid shape, Zazz is very lanky and thin, and Master Zik's head and body come together in an indistinguishable spherical shape. Additionally, the Zeti's tails and horns can come in different sizes and shapes as well, and Zeti like Zavok and Zazz can have spikes on their bodies.
Characteristics and culture
The Zeti are a sinister and scary race. If the Deadly Six are representative of the Zeti race as a whole, it appears that the Zeti are an extremely malevolent, vengeful, and violent race of beings. Inherently malicious by nature, they find enjoyment and pride in performing hideous acts of violence, to the extent of destroying the occupants of entire planets without the slightest pangs of remorse for their atrocities. The only beings that Zeti do not seem to enjoy destroying are their own kind; Zavok seems to hold a great deal of respect for his fellow Zeti, calling them "brothers". They also appear to be quite vengeful, given that as soon as Eggman lost his means of control of the Deadly Six, all the Zeti promptly retaliated violently to avenge their abuse.
Almost nothing of Zeti culture is known. In fact, the only Zeti culture implied is the apparent custom of naming with the first letter "Z," as every member of the Deadly Six has a name beginning with said letter.
Powers and abilities
All Zeti possess an innate ability to manipulate magnetic fields, which allows them to control electronics. This ability allows them to take control of robots and remotely pilot mechs without using physical control interfaces.
In terms of physical abilities, the Zeti are a very powerful race, possessing superhuman strength, speed and agility. They are capable of leaping incredible distances through mid-air, lift high amounts of weight and smash very sturdy substances, and even run at speeds enough to keep up with Sonic. Most Zeti have also displayed the ability to project harmful energy balls from their hands. In the Nintendo 3DS version, and in some cases on the Wii U version of Sonic Lost World, the Zeti are also shown being capable of flight. Additionally, several Zeti have demonstrated abilities unique to themselves: Zavok can shoot fireballs and lasers and enlarge his size; Master Zik can move objects around telekinetically; Zeena can create energy tethers; Zomom can consume unlimited amounts of food; and Zor can manipulate darkness.
The Zeti are shown to have very long life spans, which can be over a thousand years of age. Even when over a century old, a Zeti's appearance is that of a young adult.
All Zeti are susceptible to the sounds from a Cacophonic Conch. When the Zeti hear a Cacophonic Conch's sound, their powers are inhibited and causes them a great deal of pain.
In other media
In the Sonic the Hedgehog comic series and its spin-offs published by Archie Comics, the only known Zeti are, like in the games, the Deadly Six. These Zeti were enslaved by Dr. Eggman when he conquered the Lost Hex, until Sigma freed them to serve his plans. The Deadly Six later tried to betray Sigma, but the Reploid instead took control over the group using the special armor he gave them.
- Zeti appears to be a play-on the word "yeti."
- It is implied that there might be more Zeti than just the Deadly Six. On the Wii U version of Sonic Lost World, Zavok mentioned in Sky Road Zone 2 that "[the Deadly Six] should have to find more Zeti to replace the others on his team", and in Lava Mountain Zone 1 Zomom mentioned having a mother, though it is unknown whether the latter is still alive.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 SEGA (23 June 2016). Mario & Sonic at the Rio 2016 Olympic Games Wii U. Nintendo. "tristan: Zavok is the leader of the Zeti, a race of scaaary demons! He's also their strongest warrior!"
- ↑ SEGA (June 23rd, 2016). Mario & Sonic at the Rio 2016 Olympic Games Wii U. Nintendo. Area/Level: Collectibles (Flags). "Zavok is the strongest of the sinister Zeti and the leader of the Deadly Six. As the last disciple of Master Zik, he's a certified force to be reckoned with. Along with his formidable physical prowess, a calm demeanor and penchant for quick-thinking makes his well-suited to leadership. His greatest joy is in improving his skills, which makes the straight-forward competitive nature of the Olympic Games quite appealing."
- ↑ http://www.sonicstadium.org/2013/08/nintendo-direct-shows-new-sonic-lost-world-footage-wii-u-3ds/